Looking for something that measures, distance traveled.

misfish

The wind forecast and chance of rain today, had me thinking twice. Travel or just go and play. Well , I did play. Guess if your fishing and getting a good work out,it,s playing. :good:

.The west wind was making it a tougher work out then I thought it would be, but I managed just fine.. Traveled a good distance with just flipping and rowing. (told ya all. The electric will have it,s place.) The toon is becoming an addiction. I can say this, it has made me feel better about myself. No different then the tube,but I can travel further with the toon.

Two UL rod combos and one tray of tubes was all I was taking this morning. Just that,my flippers and oars.

I did some serious distance this morning, as you can see by the red line on the map..

The green line is my next trek.

I want to do this run before lakers and whities close,,as I,ll be crossing over some good waters heading from Johnsons beach back to Minets point. Hope it,s calm waters for jigging. If not,well atleast i did what I set out to do.

kbay2_zpsc7bb8ec7.jpg

So,is there something that will give me distance traveled ? (not looking at spending big bux)

BTW,FISHING SUCKED., The water is cooling off fast. Probly take a few days for the fish to adapt to the temperature change.

Edited by Brian B

going by your drawing there, you traveled approximately 15km, if you move your lines to land references, you can figure out 2 sides of the triangle, by using google maps, you can find the distance, and then its a simple calculation to figure out the 3rd side.

other than that, a gps with marine tracking would make that easier

Just about any GPS will give you that info and if that's all you want it for won't cost a ton either brian just start a waypoint from where you start & track that's all can't get any easier than that !!! It will give you your distance traveled and speed and if you go over a shoal or anything you can mark waypoints as you go !!!! Just a small handheld and put it in your pocket !!!! Attach a floating small bouy or something to it and you are golden some are waterproof as well but you don't need to spend a ton just a basic GPS will do man !!!! Cheers

Familiarise yourself with the "tracks" function on your GPS. Before you go out next time, make sure that you clear the current track and reset the trip computer. Once you are done fishing, save the track to review later on. If you post it to a site like Everytrail, it will give you a very clear breakdown of distance and speed.