Lake Erie Walleye Saturday & Sunday

corvette1

Those are beauties for sure. 2 hawgs on 1 harness, wowza. I need to get me a copper blade or 2, was it copper? The Pics are still on fire here, from Port Colbourne to Port Bruce. The problem and frustration is getting to them and back safely. We went out in a 24 foot cuddy Wednesday last and it wasn't fun controlling the trolling speed, need to mount the trolling plate ASAP. We are looking at a window of only a few hours Thursday afternoon, otherwise you are looking at gusts from high 20's to high 40's KMS per hour. With my 19 foot aluminum anything over 15K isn't fun some days. Nice problem to have though. Beats fighting a Blast Furnace any day.

We did not mark any bait balls and the fish we did mark were loners. They were on the bite though out of Nanticoke. Everyone reported the same thing on the screens. Question, were you on the US side? And did you not see much on the screens as well.

Baits of choice in the last week, blue and chrome Ripplin Redfin,The Silver Streak Greasy Chicken (smaller version) S.S. Michael Jackson with gold fleck, purple back Reef Runner. 10 colours out on leadcore, 45 to 50 feet down on riggers, long lead back 50 plus feet. "0" Dipsy's 175 feet plus on #3 setting. Trolling speed on GPS 1.8 to 2.2 MPH for harnesses and 2 to 3 MPH on spoons and body baits.. We haven't had much luck this year on harnesses. Most of the Walleye ave come from that 50 foot range in 85' of water the last week.

All of our baits have a worm or 1/2 worm on a single back hook. I always check the lure beside the boat at trolling speed as well before setting them.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

thank's to all it's been a another great year on erie. old ironmaker we are fishing out of dunkirk. ny no bait balls just fish hear and there all but 3 eye's all year have come on worm harrness.71 to 73ft has been good zero fish on rigger's.1.7 on speed most of the blade's came from erie tracker in port.