Protecting lips from sun

mike rousseau

Hello everyone...

I was wondering what products people use to protect their lips from sun damage...

Generally peaking the rest of my body is ok with any sun block... I currently use blistex with SPF 30 but it doesn't seam to work well...

I just did 25 hours fishing in 2 days with a bluebird sky both days and my bottom lip is slightly swollen and sore to the touch...

This has happened before.

Let me know what you've found that does the trick please...

Thanks

Mike

stewa.jpg

Australians use zinc oxide, Thats my buddy off the coast of queensland. Ya it makes you have white lips but its the best way to protect yourself.

Down there this stuff is a 100% necessity as the sun will destroy you after an afternoon out on the water.

Put it this way, i never wear sun screen ever in Ontario. The most i get is a mild burn at the very begining of the season and from then on never burn peel or anything.

Down there I walked for 15 minutes without a shirt or sunscreen on and got the worst burn of my life.

Any lip balm with SPF should work. reapplying is the key. This sounds funny but my lips are super sensitive to the sun and without blistex with SPF I won't even venture out. I also wear a buff. I have lip balm everywhere. Truck, boat, raincoat pocket etc. Never go without. And reapply often!!