Home from Nipissing

lew

Hi guys, I've been away for our 3rd trip to Memquisit Lodge on the West Arm of Nippising for the last 14 days and just got home awhile ago.

500 miles round trip and everything is good and the truck and boat performed perfectly. Our log cabin was great, the hosts are excellent and as always the scenery was unbeatable.

As I posted earlier this week the musky fishing was the slowest I've seen in 10 years up there and it rained 1/2 the time but it was an excellent trip and my wife and I had a great time.

Good to be home but I can't wait to head north again.

006.jpg

Edited by lew

Thanks ketchenany

I spend most of my time in West Bay east of 64

Same. Im headed up with a friend who has a small tin. Don't want to ditch him, so ill be trying out "new to me" spots in the Arm. Haven't read too many if any reports this year from the actual arm. Before you left, what were the water temps like?

Glad you're home and had a great trip Lew. No matter the weather, it's always nice to be up there. That's the naked men cabin ;)

Saw your other pic with the first cast musky - awesome!!!

Can't wait to see you two again. September right?

A week ago the temps were around 72F, then dropped to 65 over the next week and by yesterday they'd climbed back to about 68 so their going in the right direction. Weeds are still lower than normal but I think things will be back to somewhat normal once the temps get back into the 70's.

Good luck when you get up there.

Aikinheads is normal growth right now Joey but most other places, including the big bay, are still 3-4 feet below the surface.

BTW, Diane wants to know if you can send me the pics you took of her & Barb with the crazy lights attached to their glasses in your cabin. :lol: