If you could fish anywhere in the world........

ckrb2007

Done a couple in the last few years

Bonefish in Mexico

Redfish in Florida

but my number one bucket list is a trip for big specks. Needs to have a good chance at fish above 5-6 lbs

Once I get that under my belt I want to get myself an Aurora and a Tiger tout. Then it's all down south - big bull reds in Louisiana, goliath grouper, hammerhead shark, tarpon to name a few

So much to see and do here in Canada, that would cover more than a couple of lifetimes.

I don't think 20 lifetimes would cover Ontario Bruce. People all over the world are answering the same question on threads, I bet the most common choice is somewhere in Canada. We met a group from Indiana and Japan this year heading out on an Erie charter for these massive Walleye. The group from Japan were looking for 10" Perch as well.

A few years back I met a group of fishermen in Salisbury England. Struck up a conversation about fishing in the Pub. When I got back I Emailed them pics of a few Carp tipping 25 pounds and more from my back yard. The next year they rented a cottage down the road for a week in May. They have been coming back to Ontario every year since to fish. They pay less for their trips across the pond than a week in Southhampton or Bristol England in the summer.

Too many places I would like to fish.

Seeing how #sharkweek starts tomorrow.

If I could only fish one place and if it were made legal to fish there.

I would fish top water seal imitations off shark island South Africa for Great White Sharks!!!! :good: :good:

Out of your list though Costa Rica would be my choice.

Kamchatka Russia (for char and rainbows) would be high on my list as would West Africa (not now though. need to knock down that ebola thing) for gigantic tarpon. Mongolia for taimen, Thailand for some crazy cat fishing. Far off places like Easter and Christmas Islands would be some neat places to visit. New Zealand and Chille for the trout fishing and the Amazon for some of thier crazy :asshat: fish.

Sooooooo many places and too little time. :D

A few years back I met a group of fishermen in Salisbury England. Struck up a conversation about fishing in the Pub. When I got back I Emailed them pics of a few Carp tipping 25 pounds and more from my back yard. The next year they rented a cottage down the road for a week in May. They have been coming back to Ontario every year since to fish. They pay less for their trips across the pond than a week in Southhampton or Bristol England in the summer.

I had neighbours one summer in Peterborough, 4 professional guys from UK somewhere, they said it's cheaper to book their vacation time all together, fly to Canada, rent a student house for a month and fish their hearts out...cheaper to do that than it is to join a club back home...where you pay your membership fees, and then book the date, time slot and location on the river...crazy

we truly are blessed with fishing and hunting in Canada