Must Brings on a Fly-in

BassMan11

Great stuff guys. Some good info here.

As for a weapon 2 of my friends are bringing shotguns as partridge opens the day before we get up there. That should suffice on scaring away any pesky bears we come across. It looks like I have a lot of this stuff already on the list. Good to know my head is in the right spot packing wise.

Great stuff guys. Some good info here.

As for a weapon 2 of my friends are bringing shotguns as partridge opens the day before we get up there. That should suffice on scaring away any pesky bears we come across. It looks like I have a lot of this stuff already on the list. Good to know my head is in the right spot packing wise.

Great if there is an open season and there is a hunter in the group, usually there is always a 2 sport guy or gal in the crew. But when there isn't I'd rather stand in front of a Judge alive than be a dead law abiding fisherman.

guys with the seafoam suggestion...

ive seafoamed a car, never an outboard...where are you dumping the stuff?

my old 15 gunked up this weekend and left me stranded out on the lake this weekend. Weve taken the carburetor apart and cleaned it out. Where are you dumping it while its running?

gas tank

I will keep adding items along the way as I think of them

- small pack of dental floss ( stuck piece of steak in the teeth can be annoying after a couple days)

- tweezers ( embedded slivers can be a problem after a couple days as well )

from spending a number of years at the family camp on Temagami I see many guests who overlook these simple items

Zip-loc bags (one with some toilet paper for the boat)

roll of aluminum foil

Knife sharpener

anitseptic cream

spices to help flavor meals

BBQ sauce or salad dressings as toppings for fish/steak - There is nothing better than a little ranch dressing on fresh cooked fish

Always fun to have a small bottle of hot sauce for when the scotch comes out

and for me, the must haves are

ear plugs

small reading flashlight (LED Head lamp preferred)

good flashlight over 100 lumens

glow in the dark stick from dollar store (hang in the cabin at night to make midnight trips outside easier)

2 way radios but one that has a weather channel (hate to have a boat on dead water when other are on the bite)

as mentioned - pack of baby wipes can be worth their weight in gold

I also take up a small speaker that can plug into my phone for music and there are AA battery adapters out there to power your phones to play music

My next add on is a small form pack in guitar, seen a few but haven't heard one that sells itself to me yet. The Martin backpacker is close. Brought my acoustic on a fly-in north of temagami a few years back and had paddlers camping across from us clapping after each song and shouting requests across the bay

Just make sure you fall asleep before the guy that snores..

<---- the guy that snores

:)

Just make sure you fall asleep before the guy that snores..

<---- the guy that snores

:)

LOL!!!

We'd make a real cabin raucous together Bill.