Quick bass report

ccmtcanada

About 6 weeks ago, I was packaged out of my job of 22 years. It came has a huge shock, but now that has worn off and I've decided is take the entire summer of before looking for my next job. I hope to fish as much as possible!! This is a great opportunity for me to get out there :)

I've been waiting for bass season to open, so as soon as my little one was off to school, I hightailed it to Lake Scugog. It's about 40 minutes door to launch so it's prefect so I can be home when school is out.

I launched at 10am and headed out. The weeds seem to be really behind schedule and it took a while for me to find what I was looking for. The first 3 hours was brutally slow and the winds were blowing me around pretty good, so I looked for some wind protection. Fishnsled texted me asking how it was going...and as soon as I said this lake sucks I started hitting a few fish. The first were about this size.

265E257B-6B07-4036-8EFF-014FA60AD43A_zps

I said out loud "ok little guys....where's your parents??" In about 25 minutes I boated 3 this size...

232EF3F1-C137-4381-92D8-9191ABF73CC0_zps

At 215 it was time for me to head back to the launch and head home.

It's great living this close to Scugog....even though I don't really like the lake, I'll fish there more this summer and see if I can figure it out!

Edited by ccmt

Nice report...I was on the scugog river this weekend and only managed a few under 3 pounds. Saturday morn the bite was so off I actually ended up drop shotting and got 3 large mouth on it lol. I had 6 blow ups in the pads but never hooked 1. Biggest fish came on a wacky rig.

Nice report...I was on the scugog river this weekend and only managed a few under 3 pounds. Saturday morn the bite was so off I actually ended up drop shotting and got 3 large mouth on it lol. I had 6 blow ups in the pads but never hooked 1. Biggest fish came on a wacky rig.

I hit llly pads in about 3 feet of water and got nothing. Then spent a lot of time trying to find weed beds in the 6-8 foot range. I was amazed how little the weeds are in because of the late spring. I threw spinnerbaits and got nothing so I figured I had to slow down my presentation. All fish were caught deep in the weeds on a weightless senko rigged Texas style.

No musky?

Im off every other tues/wed if you want to hook up for a local fish, while the kids are at school :)

You still in whitby area?

S.

Problem is the kids are off school Friday! Haha.

I didn't target Muskie today....was trying out a new bass rod I got for my birthday. Lol. I was thinking of heading out Wednesday and/or Thursday this week. Is this an off week for you? I'm still in Whitby.

Oh ya....forgot school is out...duh!

This is a week im off, but ive already made plans. Maybe we can work something out 2 weeks from now. Its not as easy with kids out of school....my son is usually first mate.

S.

Awesome stuff Cliff - sorry to hear about the job but I'd take it as a blessing if I were you... You'll have a GREAT summer and will be able to look for something refreshing.

I've only fished the bog once and that day my dad caught his PB largie (4+ lbs), a good sized walleye and had a sizeable muskie chase his bait to the boat... all three fish came on a GIANT muskie sized spinnerbait... at a creek mouth... I on the other hand didn't catch a damn thing that day.. but I know there are some good fish to be had!

Cheers,

Ryan

Just let me know when you are going next and I'll text earlier in the day. I sure that's what did it. I wonder if that works when you are in the boat with me? Will have to try that on the weekend. :D Great to see you ended up with a few fish, nicely done.