Need a walleye dinner BAD!

captpierre

I was finding last Sunday at least some very lite, short strikes, did manage 6 fish on the jig, but had triple the hits, i recitfied that by adding a #2 mustad Ultra Point short shank, and half hitching around the collar 4 times and epoxying the hitch knot. then adding the stinger hook with a snell tie, and then tying the hair or building the jig afterwards, hook percentage went up to 75%, with the stinger picking up 50% of the fish on tuesday, If anyone is experiencing short strikes on hair, add a stinger

I was finding last Sunday at least some very lite, short strikes, did manage 6 fish on the jig, but had triple the hits, i recitfied that by adding a #2 mustad Ultra Point short shank, and half hitching around the collar 4 times and epoxying the hitch knot. then adding the stinger hook with a snell tie, and then tying the hair or building the jig afterwards, hook percentage went up to 75%, with the stinger picking up 50% of the fish on tuesday, If anyone is experiencing short strikes on hair, add a stinger

I know about adding a stinger, done it a hundred times.... But I have no idea what the hell you were talking about... Sounded like a lot if Mumbo jumbo... Care to dumb down how you added the stinger to your jig?

Can't just tie it on and go?

G

I know about adding a stinger, done it a hundred times.... But I have no idea what the hell you were talking about... Sounded like a lot if Mumbo jumbo... Care to dumb down how you added the stinger to your jig?

Can't just tie it on and go?

G

this made me lol. I think hes talking about adding a stinger hook to hair jigs during the building process????

this made me lol. I think hes talking about adding a stinger hook to hair jigs during the building process????

Thats correct Manitou, wrapping the braid around the bare collar before any hair is added, and half hitchin and then epoxying, the knots rest tightly against the point which secures the grub, or in this case hair to the jig body, and the stinger sits hidden in the SHORT SPARSE hair. This way I can make the stinger the length i want to fit my style of jig, instead of the store bought one that are all the same length in the package ie 3 to even 4 inches and usually with a small treble hook, Its not rocket science Gerritt, and its not mumbo jumbo its a little hard to describe, but i tried to explain it the best way i could.

Thats correct Manitou, wrapping the braid around the bare collar before any hair is added, and half hitchin and then epoxying, the knots rest tightly against the point which secures the grub, or in this case hair to the jig body, and the stinger sits hidden in the SHORT SPARSE hair. This way I can make the stinger the length i want to fit my style of jig, instead of the store bought one that are all the same length in the package ie 3 to even 4 inches and usually with a small treble hook, Its not rocket science Gerritt, and its not mumbo jumbo its a little hard to describe, but i tried to explain it the best way i could.

Lol I wasn't insulting you:) I was trying to envision in my head what you were talking about... And drew a giant blank lol, I would like to see a couple pics of the finished product :)

G

all in the slot.

of the 8 that I've caught the last 2 weekends, all in the slot.

last year, about half were over

Had a couple meals. the rest are filleted and frozen in water in a ziplock bag

I've heard some people add milk instead of water?