Need a walleye dinner BAD!

captpierre

Heading up to the cottage this weekend, on North Pigeon.

10 days ago, just lots of BIG OOS smallies. Couldn't find the 'eyes.

Fished 4-12 ft where there are weedbeds in the summer.

Any idea where they will be this weekend?

Tired of hotdogs

peter

the fishing has been awesome on the kawarthas....i did well opening day got my limit,and have done well again the other day...slow,slow has been the ticket,but the water is warming up big time,all i can tell you is find any green emerging weeds you can....and there is lots on your end of the lake.... :ninja::whistling:

Im sick of eating walleye already. Slow troll a worm harness along a weed edge and you'll get eyes. Thats the easiest, no fail way to get them right now. Keep your spinner as close to the weeds as possible, and keep your speed between 1-1.5MPH. If you dont get them doing that, something is really wrong!!

S.

How do you guys find green weeds if there's a chop on the water and you can't see down? Dredge bottom with a crankbait? just curious and I think it will help me too

We've done well on the walleyes the last 2 weekends, 4 to 8 feet, windy shorelines over weeds, suspending jerk baits (smaller seemed to be better), then trolling in current areas after dark

I mark the weeds on my graph. Just run around a bit and find some. I like to be on a weed edge myself. The spots I go, I've been fishing for years, and years, so I just know where to be this time of year. Navionics, or the good ole depth chart is the best place to start if you don't know where the weeds are. Its not hard to find them in the kawartha's!!

S.

No, the weeds aren't hard to find in the Kawarthas. I was just wondering how you experienced guys find the green instead of the brown. I'm pretty sure you guys, Jimmer, Sinker and Shawn know your lakes like the back of your hands.

With all the lakes near by, I like to bounce around. Last Sunday I hit 2 new lakes I've never fished in 1 day.

can't wait to get back up tomorrow morning, and I'm up until at least Wednesday, I feel a little like a kid on Xmas eve

Edited by chris.brock

Sometimes it's what we call "a spot on a spot" sometimes the fish will be concentrated on a small area !!!! So find the weed edge and drop a marker bouy and then work the area for example the weedbed may be 100. Feet long and look awesome but if you don't fish it all you think the fish are not there so the spot is right now pick it apart as the fish may only be in 10 feet of that whole weedbed or weed edge !!!!its kind like trial & error as not every weed edge may hold fish and if there's a wind always fish the windward side and as it's get sunnier or the day goes on fish will move so it pays to go back several times !!!!! I have taken fish on trolling drifting jigging and ripping so far this spring !!!!! So study the area you are thinking of fishing and cruse around and watch your electronics sometimes even weeds that are only a foot high in 15 ft of water is a honey hole !!!! Other times not !!!! And as for timing I have hit more fish early in the morning and I mean just after sunrise !!!! Like yesterday I had 3 fish in the livewell by 6:00am !!!!! And I usually fish till maybe 10am or so !!! Once the citiots and the sea-doos come out I'm usually already done and heading in !!! Or I use that time to cruise around and search possible new spots !!!! Trick is pay attention to details !!!!! Now go get em and tell us how you did

Sometimes it's what we call "a spot on a spot" sometimes the fish will be concentrated on a small area !!!! So find the weed edge and drop a marker bouy and then work the area for example the weedbed may be 100. Feet long and look awesome but if you don't fish it all you think the fish are not there so the spot is right now pick it apart as the fish may only be in 10 feet of that whole weedbed or weed edge !!!!its kind like trial & error as not every weed edge may hold fish and if there's a wind always fish the windward side and as it's get sunnier or the day goes on fish will move so it pays to go back several times !!!!! I have taken fish on trolling drifting jigging and ripping so far this spring !!!!! So study the area you are thinking of fishing and cruse around and watch your electronics sometimes even weeds that are only a foot high in 15 ft of water is a honey hole !!!! Other times not !!!! And as for timing I have hit more fish early in the morning and I mean just after sunrise !!!! Like yesterday I had 3 fish in the livewell by 6:00am !!!!! And I usually fish till maybe 10am or so !!! Once the citiots and the sea-doos come out I'm usually already done and heading in !!! Or I use that time to cruise around and search possible new spots !!!! Trick is pay attention to details !!!!! Now go get em and tell us how you did

3 guys in a 14 footer, my nephew put on a clinic and caught 5 of our 10 walleye,

went back with 2 other guys, 4 total

tried a different spot I used to fish for muskies, no walleye

got 4 fishing solo yesterday

all trips were the evening shift

feels like the bite is slowing down, but it's still pretty good

Edited by chris.brock

so....no hotdogs this time.

got worried Sat am when I'm the only boat in the northeast arm all morning.

tried perch Walleye Diver and Huskie Jerk. nothing Sat-Sun.

found eyes in green weeds in 6-12 ft on Mon

switched to 1/2 oz chartreuse jig with a yellow perch 3 1/4 inch swammer.

nailed 7. lots of Rockies

65 degrees this morning

thanks everybody

peter

Edited by captpierre