Photobucket Bandwidth Limit? What is the Solution?

Apparently I have reached a bandwidth limit of 10GB of people viewing my photos that I have linked to my posts. I haven't seen this before, maybe it is new? I have nowhere near 10GB worth of photos on Photobucket, but I guess they have now set limits for how much people can view your photos.

Here is a link to my recent thread here where Photobucket has cut off my account for people to see my photos unless I pay them to upgrade. http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74608

I think every post I've ever made has now been Photobucket blocked for all the photos.

Have any of you experienced this with Photobucket before? Where do you upload photos for sharing without this bandwidth issue? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Aaron

It only costs $30 per year for Photobucket Plus20 for "unlimited" bandwidth.

Although, you could also just up your own website, which you should be able to do for a similar price [or less] plus the domain registration fee of ~$10. Your own website would most likely have unlimited bandwidth as well.

Thanks for ideas guys. I didn't realize that it gets reset monthly. I highly compress my images to a small file size. I'll probably sign up for another account.

I am not an enterprise. I don't even have a business. I am a family man paying 2k a month in daycare. I have very little disposable income to spend on this type of thing.

The second Photobucket account sounds like a good option.

Good fishing!

Aaron

Aaron, I know Steve was a bit tongue in cheek re Rapala paying. Once some people see you on TV or in a movie playing mobster #2 they think you must be rich. I didn't even know until recently Photobucket wasn't free, now I'm thinking about how much developing photos were when football players wore leather helmets.

Aaron, I know Steve was a bit tongue in cheek re Rapala paying. Once some people see you on TV or in a movie playing mobster #2 they think you must be rich. I didn't even know until recently Photobucket wasn't free, now I'm thinking about how much developing photos were when football players wore leather helmets.

Photobucket is absolutely free if you stay within your bandwidth limits.

I've never had issues with photobucket, but I also don't use it very much. Never had to pay anything, but again, not using it as much as some people, so probably never reaching anywhere near the bandwith limits.

Thanks for ideas guys. I didn't realize that it gets reset monthly. I highly compress my images to a small file size. I'll probably sign up for another account.

I am not an enterprise. I don't even have a business. I am a family man paying 2k a month in daycare. I have very little disposable income to spend on this type of thing.

The second Photobucket account sounds like a good option.

Good fishing!

Aaron

Really? Your not making anything off of this?? Clearly I am mistaken then . My apologies, best of luck with finding a solution!

Why don't you just host the picks on Canadian Sportfishing? Or link to them there (if it is allowed on this site) since they are all in your blog on that site? Then you don't have to worry about posting them on two sites which has to be a pita.

Burt :)