Trolling Motor Stolen

Hey everyone. Do me a favour and keep an eye out for a 55 lb Minnkota Pontoon bow mount trolling motor that might come up for sale somewhere. Went up to my cottage yesterday and my shed was pried open and the trolling motor and pedal were gone. Stolen sometime during the last two weeks. The motor is like new with the only identifying feature on it being I had to cut and re-attach the cable plug. So it is twisted/soldered and bound with electrical tape. Also, they don't have the bow mount.

If you see something suspicious, please pm me. I'd appreciate it.

They also tried to get into another shed but couldn't break the latch.

Cottage is on the Quebec side up by Wakefield

Lesson learned.

Thanks all

Hey everyone. Do me a favour and keep an eye out for a 55 lb Minnkota Pontoon bow mount trolling motor that might come up for sale somewhere. Went up to my cottage yesterday and my shed was pried open and the trolling motor and pedal were gone. Stolen sometime during the last two weeks. The motor is like new with the only identifying feature on it being I had to cut and re-attach the cable plug. So it is twisted/soldered and bound with electrical tape. Also, they don't have the bow mount.

If you see something suspicious, please pm me. I'd appreciate it.

They also tried to get into another shed but couldn't break the latch.

Cottage is on the Quebec side up by Wakefield

Lesson learned.

Thanks all

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-fishing-camping-outdoor/ottawa/moteur-electrique-minnkota/591155865?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

could be this one?

Yup, good job Gino. The DH posted 6 ads for the same motor. Three on the 6th, one on the 7th and one on the 8th of this month. If anyone knows Lunker Larry personally, please contact him now as he hasn't seen this thread since he posted it.

I've had tools ripped off from my truck and found them on craigslist, you need to get the police involved and notify them of the ad....if you show up and things get ugly, you can wind up in trouble yourself...a motor isn't worth assault, sadly that thief has rights too apparently

did you keep a record of your serial number?

I hate thieves, hope you get your motor back

Somebody needs a good ole fasioned bass whooping !

Hope you get it back. Definitely let the police know about the ad or any others that look like they could be your motor.

Cheers !

I've had tools ripped off from my truck and found them on craigslist, you need to get the police involved and notify them of the ad....if you show up and things get ugly, you can wind up in trouble yourself...a motor isn't worth assault, sadly that thief has rights too apparently

did you keep a record of your serial number?

I hate thieves, hope you get your motor back

Before calling anyone you need to verify if that's the motor or not.

Thanks everyone for looking but that one has I pilot and mine doesn't.

Ref a serial number. On the bill of sale there is a serial number for everything BUT the trolling motor. Figures. Bought the boat second hand 3 years back.

That looks like a good deal though. I might check it out.

Thanks again to all who looked and to Tom M for giving me a call.

Larry

Sorry to hear of your loss Larry. I do hope you are able to retrieve your stolen property. My iphone was recently stolen from my truck. So I've been through this type of situation as well. A little tip for you guys. I was at the perch festival in Orillia recently, staying at 1 of the local hotels for 2 nights. Before heading to bed I took photos of all my gear in the locked truck, in the boat - lots of pix! Now I know what was in my vehicle. Another comforting note is the front desk attendant showed me the monitor at her desk which displays their outdoor parking lot security cameras. I made sure my truck & boat were in view of 1 of the cameras. Also their parking lot was very well lit up at night. Something to consider while travelling.