Drop shot /jigging rod?

shimano19

Is it possible to get a rod that can be used for drop shotting and also be useful for jigging a jig and minnow? Id like to get one rod action that can perform well while fishing those 2 methods. Or do they need two totally different actions. Thanks!

Yes, tons of people have bought into one rod for one technique. But after collecting rods for a few years, I noticed that most rods are much more versatile than advertised.

And most importantly, spend a day trying the rod. You might be pleasantly surprised

i have a shimano crucial frog rod,its a 7' med/heavy with extra fast tip, there isnt much difference between that and the jig rod i think. i use it for frogs/spinners/crank baits.........

well I'm thinking around $150. Right now For spinning setups I have a avid and premier both medium, fast action. Would that be a good rod for both applications?

To answer your question, as long as they are within a few inches of 7' in length, they should do just fine.

I dropshot A LOT.... and I'd have to say that even though you can use a 7ft med for almost anything...(I've found) using the same rod for both dropshot & jigging wouldn't be ideal.

I prefer a much lighter action rod for dropshotting than I would use with jigging.

I run two high end dropshot rods, both are just over 7ft and both are ML.

I find ML to be a little too light for jigging...but that's just my personal preference.

i have a 7.2 ft crucial dropshot rod,and its medium extra fast and its amazing for both walleyes and smallies for shoting !!!! and it was around the $150 mark and i have had it for about 5yrs !!!!

crucials are great rods