My new water girl

spincast

Very nice rig, I'm envious!

I love Starcrafts .... far and away the most under-rated boat on the water. You have what is very close to my dream rig. Enjoy it!

X2, for big water nothing beats a Starcraft, they always seem to have the best interior depth, especially important when kids are on board . Also just feels safer with the gunnels up near your belt when setting riggers and trolling gear rather than near your knees or lower, especially when you get older too :wallbash:

Over time it had become obvious to me that I spent far more time on big water than the northern lakes. Not that I don't enjoy those -but both E and O are only 60 minutes away - and with no Toronto traffic between me and these launches its really a no brainer.

I can totally relate to this. I'm not traveling north of the 401 much at all these days if the weather allows. Congrats on the new ride and successful maiden voyage. Sweet ride!!

Thanks again all

VERY nice Rick... I bet G is in 7vnth heaven, it's a wonder he even lets you aboard!!! :Gonefishing:

LOL - I had to ask permission to come aboard :lol: . As he didn't know which key was for the main, and which for the kicker, he relented and actually waited till I came back from parking the truck before he started her.

Glad you finally got the new rig in the water man!

Thanks Bill - it was agony watching your last outing report and being landlocked!

Im sure G approved of you spending his inheritance ...Congrats Rick ( and G ) ...sweet ride!

Ha - You are not far off the mark there Dave. Depreciation city for a while

Nice looking rig! Marsh's Marine? I was there Saturday looking at new Suzys. How was there service? PM me if you don't mind. Thanx

Check your messages.

I think I got more replies to this posting than 3 fishing reports combined ;)

Thats one sweet rig there Rick.

Wheres the smoking area? LOL

The rods are the only thing smoking on this boat Brian :rofl2: but your welcome out anyway - need some front ballast. :whistling: We'll have to get our laker chasin' on my water this year. Keep your radar on - the next weekend is only four days away now.

brown Lund? Slow day for west winds for me. I ran just about every colour and set up I had except for dispeys and flies. That sub surface current was insane - on the way back in the planer board was almost behind me and the lead core was running at a 45.

We were the black Lund pulled out just after you with the grey f150 actually haha, we ended up getting one small salmon 4-5lbs only fish landed all day and he went back in, he came on a blue spoon behind a flasher, on a dipsy, the downriggers were quiet other than on our way out first 5 mins huge strike, just crushed it and had it been me or the father in law we would've landed it lol the drag was too loose and he ended up shaking the hook before the young one realized that had he tightened up a bit he could've pulled it in.

oh well live and learn, still a great morning out!

Edited by leaf4