Cooks Bay - Overall Impression

Hi all. Recently relocated to Brampton from Niagara. Thinking about storing my boat at Cooks Bay. I have a 14ft Princecraft and 20hp Yamaha.

I have zero experience with Simcoe. Is cooks somewhere where my boys and I can enjoy some good fishing? Not looking for spots...just a general sense.

Thanks in advance!

Cooks is part of a large body of water and having stated what every one knows it can be extremely frustrating to figure out.

If your willing to spend the time and money to find the fish than go for it..

For kids its a long day unless you know where the fish are.$$$$$

Ps

keep an eye on the skies.

Storms roll in from every direction.

Don.

There are plenty of big Pike in Cooks, and don't forget that you may catch the occasional Musky as well. MNR and MCI have been hard at work to try and re-establish this once present species. Several big girls were recently electronetted at the Talbot ( Beaverton) which have yet to be identified as stocked fish or resident, but plenty of fingerlings have been placed in Cooks as well. Ensure you know the difference and let any Musky go....

I wouldn't want to be limited to cooks bay myself. I'd rather trailer my boat to other lakes. Cooks gets too busy for me, and the fishing isn't all that great IMO. Its better than no fishing though.....

S.

I couldnt wait to get out of cooks bay once i got a big enough boat, there are some decent sized pike but the numbers are rough. I can catch tons of bass and panfish but these species generally dont interest me. If thats all you want you can pm me anytime for field day locations:)

I live on simcoe and fish many other lakes,

Probably not a coincidence.

Ya. Cooks can be hard to figure out.

But if you want to target panfish with the boys, it can be a fun time. Alomost gauruntee a few fish each outing.

Carp shooting can be great there! And decent duck hunting too. But it's busy. Lots of boat traffic. Tons of hunters in the fall.

And I can speak from experience. When it kicks up (north wind), it can be a bit much for a 14' boat. Just something to be mindful off.

Personally, I would look elseware...

Edited by N.A.W