Mid 1950's Peterborough Mahogany boat with 25hp Johnson

Fisherpete

Hey guys and gals.

This is my Dad's boat, and has not seen water for at least 15 years. He does not have the time or interest in restoring her. It definitely needs a lot of work, and I know very little about mahogany boats - but there are some bad spots in the wood for sure as the pictures will show. I have no idea if these can even be repaired - maybe some of the experts on the site can help me out here! From what I know, the boat is from 1958 - that is the date stamped on some of the cleats. Also from memory, I think the 25hp Johnson is a 1954 or 1955 - the serial number can be seen in a few of the pics so maybe someone can help me figure that out. This boat was an absolute blast when she was running - and pretty fast too. Again, I have no idea what state the motor is in - but I do know the last year we had the boat in the water she was running. For sure needs a tuneup. There are a couple of the original metal fuel tanks available as well, and the red vinyl bench seats from the boat are stored in my parents basement - in good shape. I can not make any claims to the road worthiness of the trailer either, it has sat in the same spot for years as well.

So, all that being said - the boat is available, free to anyone who wants to take on the project. You just have to pick it up (Toronto, Beaches area) - most likely with your own trailer and a few guys to help lift the boat onto it. The motor, which includes the metal stand, fuel tanks as well as all the controls in the boat is available for $100. It is an electric start by the way. If the boat is a write-off, I will remove all the motor rigging from the boat to include in the sale.

Here's some pictures of Naomi - that was her name :)

IMG_05631_zps1a49a4c9.jpg

IMG_05451_zps5416a1b7.jpg

IMG_05581_zps67e0208d.jpg

IMG_05551_zps09a2bf93.jpg

IMG_05611_zpse9169364.jpg

IMG_05601_zps4769c0bf.jpg

IMG_05521_zpsc6c9de08.jpg

IMG_05531_zpsdd105fb1.jpg

IMG_05461_zps316f41d0.jpg

IMG_05491_zps1989ac5c.jpg

IMG_05481_zps3f6ab479.jpg

IMG_05431_zps6bfc9fb9.jpg

IMG_05441_zps51ad9dbe.jpg

IMG_05371_zps70b5ff4c.jpg

IMG_05391_zps83cde37c.jpg

IMG_05351_zps76cb0741.jpg

IMG_05281_zpsfe3595ec.jpg

IMG_05301_zps5aec710a.jpg

IMG_05321_zps8a7eeae3.jpg

Very similar to the boat & motor I learned to fish & water ski from in the 50's Pete, brings back some good memories. Ours was a pull start 25HP Sea Horse and I can still see my dad pull starting that big old beast.

Funny thing though, back then a 25 was considered a big motor and we could just about outrun anybody. :lol:

If you would like to see it properly restored you might want to donate it to someplace like the Muskoka Marine Museum. They can issue you a tax receipt, they'll probably pick it up themselves, and you won't have to worry that it will be snapped up by someone who initially has grand ideas, but who then lets it rot in a backyard. http://mmm.vianet.ca/

Dave - that's a great idea, thanks for the link. I will send them an email today. I'm sure my dad would love to see her properly restored to her former glory!

Bernie - I would be happy to sell the motor and controls on their own, if we can make arrangements via the Brian or Wayne express for delivery that would be perfect. Let me know!

Thanks

Pete

I'd hate to impose on anyone for delivery. But is it isn't too much of a problem for you fellas, that would be great :)

Pete, I don't need the steering stuff. But all the electrical with the face plate for start/stop would be great.

I'll PM you for payment.

Thank you!

I will take all of it motor controls boat and trailer.

I am a cabinetmaker/finish carpenter looking for a boat like this.

I learned to fish in a boat like that.

My Father sold it when I was in Alberta I could have killed him.grrrr

I would even go one step further and post the restoration on OFC.

Don.

Here's another option,I live in oshawa and heading up mattawa for the summer on the 9th of may,and I have to stop in powassan just a block over from bernie's shop.shouldn't be a problem to drop it off..

vance