Time to respool the reel's

tender52

This has probably been on here before. flurocarbon or mono? Another question is can I fill a spool with fluro, as you would mono? I fish everything under the sun from Bass, Pike, Perch Crappy, eyes, you name it. My biggest question would be does fluro last longer than mono? My stuff takes a real beating year round.

Thanks all

Colin

After years of using Fireline using a rod with mono is like fishing with a rubber band.

No line memory and long casting ability is also a key factor.

lol i tried mono last year just to get rid off my old line. Its rediculous. Can't feel anything. Missed i dont know how many fish. Braid has spoiled us. Once they make nanofil abrasion resistant the line game is over lol Edited by manitoubass2

Braid for almost everything, different diameters from 20-50 pound test depending on what I'm fishing. I will match a floro leader in most cases for the visability factor. The only case where I use pure floro is ultra finesse and on my cranking reel as floro sinks a bit better than braid.

For those that like braid try the moss green Power Pro in 4 or 5lb test for lighter applications. It's so thin it's amazing. I use it primarily jigging for walleye as well as casting for trout in small streams and inland lakes.

Most often I don't even bother with a fluoro leader, just tie direct.