Potential tank test site on Benoir Lake

John Bacon

I don't think this is good for those who rent out cottages and campsites in the area.

How many ATV trails will no longer be accessible?

Will access to small lakes and ponds be cut off?

Are there certain times when they can't do testing?

How much habitat will be destroyed?

If those who rent out sites and cottages do see a significant decrease in income, will they be subsidized by Armtrac?

we can hear the testing at the Meaford tank range at our place across the bay in Lafontaine. not the end of the world

Did you have and visit that place before Meaford was established in the 40's? If not, you purchased the property knowing that there was a military testing site nearby and the noise was to be expected. Compare it to a rail line. People who willingly move beside train tracks know full well that they'll be hearing a train and they knew that before purchasing the property. Now, how do you think people would feel if they've lived in a house for 25 years and suddenly there is a plan to build a rail line 50 feet from their house? They'll hate the idea and the train will likely drive them nuts.

I'd say those who lived or had cottages in the Meaford area before the testing started likely have a slightly opinion than yours ;)

Did you have and visit that place before Meaford was established in the 40's? If not, you purchased the property knowing that there was a military testing site nearby and the noise was to be expected. Compare it to a rail line. People who willingly move beside train tracks know full well that they'll be hearing a train and they knew that before purchasing the property. Now, how do you think people would feel if they've lived in a house for 25 years and suddenly there is a plan to build a rail line 50 feet from their house? They'll hate the idea and the train will likely drive them nuts.

I'd say those who lived or had cottages in the Meaford area before the testing started likely have a slightly opinion than yours ;)

Good point. still not the end of the world. But a whole bunch of wind turbines, now that is another story entirely.

Tanks and artillery shoot at CFB petawawa all the time and they fly helicopters right down the Ottawa river been going on for 30yrs !!!! It's cool and you can hear it into Algonquin park !!!! Never bothered anyone before !!!! Even the animals don't mind it !!!! Campers tourists doesn't matter up there ...... No biggie

As I recall the Abrams tank is made in Lima Ohio, I don't think many Ohio residents know. The old Chrysler tank plant here was next to Cleveland Hopkins airport. It was turned into a warehouse and then the International Exhibition Center, the RV, and Sportsman show used to be held there.

The Budweiser girls might be the only good thing about Bud?