one down...one to go

lew

I've been waiting for this big guy to shed his antlers and he dropped the 1st one sometime yesterday. I wandered thru the woods looking for it today but didn't find it. Maybe I'll find the 2nd one when it drops.

This is him in my yard a couple days ago

004-001.jpg

And this was this afternoon.

0152a038-f929-43c9-a93d-6874aaac1f2a.jpg

That's great Lew , wish you luck on finding them . Might be a bit easier just after the snow melts though . That buck looks like a real hell raiser by looking at those tines :good:

I am always on the lookout for sheds come the spring , cut the small ones up and give them to the dog . She loves them !

Edited by 4x4bassin

That buck looks like a real hell raiser by looking at those tines :good:

He's got a harem of about 14 ladies with him most days but I never see another buck around, although 'm sure there's others in the neighborhood for him to scrap with.

Don't look on the ground exclusively look about antler high as well,thats where I have found most of my sheds-still in a tree...

vance

Those broken tines on the remaining antler weren't like that a few days ago and I'm wondering if they actually use the trees as leverage to break them loose ??

I think I'll take a wander along their trails thru the woods today and see if I can locate the missing antler.

Dan, that's a great picture.

Edited by lew