Ice Auger Problems

Broker

Will try and keep better care of the blades from now on, self teaching ice fishing, theres a lot to remember and you learn a lot of new things through trial and error :wallbash:

Its all good, I change many blades for customers for this exact reason. Consider it a cheap lesson. I try to tell people, place your auger down as slow as possible, if it makes any noise when it contacts the ice you were too fast, LOL. also never redrill old holes. When done drilling, it is tempting to 1/2 drill way into the ice and stand the auger up. DON'T... ice will form on the blades and you are back in the same boat. Hope this was helpfull

RED

I had my blades sharpened by clints in Binbrook but I haven't tried them yet. If you have been out to Jordan harbour fishing your blades can look like that due to the dirt and grit blowing off the highway ...

That's great, glad it worked :good: It's a good possibility that your augers pitch could have been bent a bit, it doesn't take much, you won't see it with the eye.

I have a few augers hanging in may garge that are toast. I've shimed them till I can't shim any more.

One day I'm going to try bending them in the vise to try and re pitch them. Nothing to lose.

Edited by Fish Farmer