Day 1 of the road trip

Big Cliff

Well, we pulled out of Lindsay at 5 am on the dot, -3° C and snowing lightly. By the time we hit the border at Buffalo it was -8, lots of slush, and traffic was down to about 40 kmph.

Not to worry, we were headed South. Only problem was, the further South we went, the colder it got but at least the snow eased up. Pensylvania, - 11C and it stayed that way until we got to West Verginia and it finally warmed up to -8. Actually the drive was quite beautiful as the trees all had a beautiful coating of snow on them. (I could see that crap at home)

We got to our hotel at about 2 pm, that was enough driving for this old man for one day. We are at the Comfort Inn in Morgantown WV, nice and clean, quiet, but the closest place to get a meal is about 6 miles back the way we just came. I didn't see that one coming LOL. Hey, but there is a Walmart right across the street, I do need a few things!

Anyway, we are off the road for the night except to go out for a nice dinner a little later. Tomorrow morning we head for Myrtle Beach (and it better be a lot warmer there or How far South can you go by road? LOL)

Take care, stay warm, miss you guys already.

Old Ironmaker

You and I should both have warned him about the overly aggressive speed enforcement on the 77!

The whole police budget for the year, is paid for by the money they make on radar traps!

They haven't got me.....yet! (Although a copper in the bushes in PA did)

I will try Dirty Ernie's next time through, if the timing works. Thanks for that!