FYI Lake Erie LPB has fishable ICE!

tb4me

Just read on FB that LPB has 5 to 7 inches of ice..Time to wet some lines folks! Jimmy Riggin has huts and ice taxi services available! We didnt get out once last year..This is great news! Just wanted to share

It's like fishing in an aquarium when the water clears. You can travel for miles and never get deeper than 6 feet of water. And I've never seen a wormy perch out of there..

It's awesome sight fishing for the perch, especially when the pike come to play. But, I've had the best luck catching pike when the water was murky with 2ft or less visibility.

I've been on LPB a few times where the ice was crystal clear with just the odd drift of snow so you could see the bottom and fish cruising around. Very cool, but it's definitely a weird sensation walking on snow and then stepping onto what appears to be water.

it'll be interesting to see the size caught.

most of erie perch are now caught in 40' - 60' of water...including in the winter.

lpb's perch have seen major declines (as with their bass).

however, not much ice fishing has gone on in the last four or five years due to warm winters.

lets see if any remotely close to jumbo's are caught this year.

It's always been hit and miss. You can and often do hit perch anywhere, but big ones take more searching. When you find them, they're usually all in one group in one little area. I'm content looking down one hole all day and hoping they'll come to me. Lol

It's always been hit and miss. You can and often do hit perch anywhere, but big ones take more searching. When you find them, they're usually all in one group in one little area. I'm content looking down one hole all day and hoping they'll come to me. Lol

Check your inbox Rich. Let's go before I head south.