Fire Extinguisher recharge....NF

crappieperchhunter

Gauge in the green.. turn it upside down and hit it a few times with a rubber mallet.

If it isn't in the green, just toss it and buy a new one, it is probably going to cost you less than having it recharged.

Edited by Big Cliff

Like irishfield says but , sometimes the powder inside does go hard and regardless it's probly time to take it to the pros at my work the come once a year and do about 25 of them it needs to be checked and recharged for sure !!!! Better to be safe than sorry as it doesn't cost much at all

Sounds like I'm just as far ahead to buy a new one. Which is what I figured. Truth be told I never gave it any thought before and just figured it was good to go as long as it had never been used. It has been hanging up in the laundry room for 24years :w00t:

Next question. How do I dispose of it?

Sounds like I'm just as far ahead to buy a new one. Which is what I figured. Truth be told I never gave it any thought before and just figured it was good to go as long as it had never been used. It has been hanging up in the laundry room for 24years :w00t:

Next question. How do I dispose of it?

Take it to your local fire hall, they might even be able to use it for training purposes or something!