Older Canadian Currency (NF)

salmon

My dad....who's in his 70's....did the same and gave them to Debbe and I when our kids where born. A couple of years ago we gave half of them to our daughter when our grandson was born. Our son will get his half when he has a family. I told my daughter to pass them on when she has grandkids. Hopefully by then they might actually be worth something. Right now it's just a fun family tradition.

My mother and sister both collected mint $1 and $2 bills, so we have lots around here.. as well as Centennial dollar bills... and as Steve points out are worth face value on any good day.

Now King George $10 bills are another story and I won't say how many of those I have.

My old man also has some American bills from before confederation I believe. They are hand signed and are for individual states not the united states of america. They have been passed down to him and as far as I know he has never had them appraised. He tried locally once but the local guy said he didn't have a clue and referred my dad to someone in Toronto. If you know my old man driving on a big highway...the 401...is like krptonite to superman so he never pursued it any further.

That's cool ! I have some as well...

after our grandmas passing my Mom and a few aunts were going through Granny's sewing machine and dress patterns , they ended up finding 18,052$ in old Canadian currency dating as far back as the late 30's .. Enough for every child to have a little ..

That's cool ! I have some as well...

after our grandmas passing my Mom and a few aunts were going through Granny's sewing machine and dress patterns , they ended up finding 18,052$ in old Canadian currency dating as far back as the late 30's .. Enough for every child to have a little ..

that's awesome!

Hopefully this does not go against any board rules!

A site with excellent resources for Canadian currency is;

coincommunity dot com

If you post good pictures the members there will provide a good estimate on grade and value if you ask.

A helpful link that is not for your personal monetary gain is just fine.

Art

Hopefully this does not go against any board rules!

A site with excellent resources for Canadian currency is;

coincommunity dot com

If you post good pictures the members there will provide a good estimate on grade and value if you ask.

Thanks

I just found out about these bills

http://www.cdncoin.com/Articles.asp?ID=279

Just click on the magnifying glass very interesting

I need to take a look at all the bills again there are a lot of them

My brother and sisters inlaws got the same amount of bills