Im now part of the ELITE

misfish

Well,I was warned and found out today. :wallbash::(

Fished 100 fow and I had a hard time marking/finding my jig.

Terry tried everything he knows,and I trust if it could be done,he would of.. :dunno:

I will be putting a call into Lowrance in the morning and asking if this is an issue. If it is,I will be asking for an upgrade. Very disappointed today after enjoying it so much.

I could mark fish no problem. Some chasers this morning,but no hook up.

Edited by Misfish

Yep, fought with my x67 ice machine for years in the deep stuff.

Gave up, and went with a eagle fishmark 320, far from "elite " but marks at every depth and has been a great unit for teasing lakers into smashing baits. I've had a few models over the years but prefer the old eagle. Curious to hear what they say.. Today's weather was brutal on the old eagle lol.

Edited by RyanMc

It was crystal clear til that mark really. 80 fow it started to fade.

If I left the line to set,it would mark,and then some times,I had to jig to see it.

Very frustrating morning,

Will be interesting to see why many similar fish finders seem to have that problem in that depth range.You would think with todays technology,and that price range that shouldn't be a issue. Keep us updated Brian

Gotta remember Kemp has quite the current (I'm assuming this is where you were). Not unusual to have a hard time picking up your bait sometimes. Sounds like your bait was drifting out of the view of your ducer. If that Elite has a duel beam transducer, pick one or the other and see if that helps.

Edited by BillM

Id say its current to Brian. Especially with a williams. When you get that lure jigging it scoots all over the place.

Try a meegs type jig and see if it still does it. I have ha5 days where marking my williams got frustrating too. Put on a meegs, or jiggin rap and mark it no problem.

S.