Virginia Beach

lovetofish

Weather you like it or not, the end is coming. So enjoy while you have it. Just look at the big picture. Technology is killing us.

Only the rich can fish in some countries, and it's coming here all ready. Our government is killing the working class anglers $10,00 an hour jobs and everything going up, the math doesn't work.

If the $25.00 boat launch and Miss Wynne 10 cent raise in gas that we can't afford now, taxes going up etc and we have to take concessions. My calculator reads ----'s now

It's a shame, we are in sad shape. I never thought I would fish Hamilton Harbor or the Grand years ago, because traveling to north is only a treat now.

After putting in almost 40 years at then Stelco now owned by who knows next week, but it's almost closed up. 14000 people at one time and now 350.

My dream when I retired was fishing every day in the north and travel to remote lakes. I guess it was a dream.

Most younger people will never be able to retire. I belong to 3 different fishing clubs, chair on 2. The big question is why is our membership dropping so fast. I look around the meeting and see nothing but old gray hair.

Very few younger kids getting involved, why?

Soon my grandkids will look at my rod rack and say my Papa used to fish with them.

Sorry for my rant :blahblah1: .

Merry Christmas everyone.

Most younger people will never be able to retire. I belong to 3 different fishing clubs, chair on 2. The big question is why is our membership dropping so fast. I look around the meeting and see nothing but old gray hair.

That's an easy answer, you aren't advertising it to kids. I belong to a few clubs as well but only one of them has another youth member. Do you think these clubs ever had kids involved? Probably not, I can tell you there are lots of kids out there who love to fish but a club isn't always the most inviting setting for them (I just so happen to like sitting around the conservation meetings, I'm weird :P).

Weather you like it or not, the end is coming. So enjoy while you have it. Just look at the big picture. Technology is killing us.

Only the rich can fish in some countries, and it's coming here all ready. Our government is killing the working class anglers $10,00 an hour jobs and everything going up, the math doesn't work.

If the $25.00 boat launch and Miss Wynne 10 cent raise in gas that we can't afford now, taxes going up etc and we have to take concessions. My calculator reads ----'s now

It's a shame, we are in sad shape. I never thought I would fish Hamilton Harbor or the Grand years ago, because traveling to north is only a treat now.

After putting in almost 40 years at then Stelco now owned by who knows next week, but it's almost closed up. 14000 people at one time and now 350.

My dream when I retired was fishing every day in the north and travel to remote lakes. I guess it was a dream.

Soon my grandkids will look at my rod rack and say my Papa used to fish with them.

Sorry for my rant :blahblah1: .

Merry Christmas everyone.

Sadly fish farmer hit the nail on the head. All I want now that I'm an 'adult' is a job to put food on the table and to be able to go fishing on weekends.......... when did it become so hard to make that happen?

Wow, talk about Ba Humbug. You want to retire? Go to school, get an education and get a good job. The days where you could show up to Stelco/GM/Ford and be a lifer with little to no education are over. Also, if you're sick of your $10 an hour job, either upgrade your skills or quite complaining.. People these days seem so over entitled, kids fresh outta school expecting 70k a year jobs.. I went to school, worked my ass off started at the bottom of the IT rungs got promoted and here I am today. Stop blaming everyone else for your problems and look in the mirror once in a while.

/rant over.

Merry Xmas!

Edited by BillM

Man, some of you guys really need to get out more.

Simcoe is everybody's lake, just because you spent 80 years fishing it doesn't mean you have anymore rights than a newbie fishing it for the first time, after doing some quick research on the web. Like seriously are you that threatened that more and more people are fishing the lake? IT'S NOT YOURS - fish, have fun, and go home happy, you'll live longer.

Some of you are missing the big picture here. While Simcoe has always been a very popular place, why is it that so many no parking signs and complaints from residents have come about in just the last few years? Why is it that the very spot the OP was referring too (VB) allowed parking on the road "forever" and just in the last couple years parking on the road has resulted in parking tickets?

Spot specific internet reports, that's why ;)

Also, the daily ice and fishing reports from a select few are posted simply because it benefits themselves through bait sales, hut rentals, or guiding services.

Edited by ch312

Wow, talk about Ba Humbug. You want to retire? Go to school, get an education and get a good job. The days where you could show up to Stelco/GM/Ford and be a lifer with little to no education are over. Also, if you're sick of your $10 an hour job, either upgrade your skills or quite complaining.. People these days seem so over entitled, kids fresh outta school expecting 70k a year jobs.. I went to school, worked my ass off started at the bottom of the IT rungs got promoted and here I am today. Stop blaming everyone else for your problems and look in the mirror once in a while.

/rant over.

Merry Xmas!

Whaaaat!? You and I can finally agree on something? :D

/rant over.

Merry Xmas!

Amazing.

Wow! I can't believe the crap storm that i caused. All I wanted to know was the thickness of the ice... I posted the video because I thought people would want to know(instead of driving up there to find out). I just want to make one thing clear, i do not make any money from fishing in any way shape or form.

Somehow we got into politics and retirement problems and all kinds of stuff.

If it is all coming to an end, lets get out there and enjoy it while we can!

Tight lines

Merry Christmas

LTF

Wow! I can't believe the crap storm that i caused. All I wanted to know was the thickness of the ice... I posted the video because I thought people would want to know(instead of driving up there to find out).

Trying to be a nice guy around here often isn't worth the trouble or the aggravation....sadly.

/rant over.

Merry Xmas!

Sadly it doesn't work like that anymore. At my previous job, it took me 4 years to get to the point where I was making $18 an hour for a 9 month out of the year contract. It took me 4 years to even get that job. Now, the thing is, I loved that job and the pay was more then enough if it was 12 months out of the year (works out to about 40K a year) but I got tired of working at bars and odd jobs over the winter with no one in my office getting promoted or full time. Hence why I sold my soul and moved to Alberta.

Never mind the organization I worked for. That's opening up a whole new can of worms.

Sadly it doesn't work like that anymore. At my previous job, it took me 4 years to get to the point where I was making $18 an hour for a 9 month out of the year contract. It took me 4 years to even get that job. Now, the thing is, I loved that job and the pay was more then enough if it was 12 months out of the year (works out to about 40K a year) but I got tired of working at bars and odd jobs over the winter with no one in my office getting promoted or full time. Hence why I sold my soul and moved to Alberta.

Never mind the organization I worked for. That's opening up a whole new can of worms.

Sounds like your field of work is the problem here no?

Bill. While agree with some of your highly opinionated and somewhat arrogant rant. I will also agree with fish farmer too. Even the "educated" middle class are being slowly pushed down the economic wealth ladder. I agree that many people feel entitled nowadays. We all are free to choose our own destiny in this country, provided we have the necessary work ethic and skills.

However, times will be tougher for our children. I encourage my children to work hard and jump through the right hoops so that they can choose a career that is rewarding in their future. My kids are lucky in that they got their brains from their mom;)

Landry

Wow! I can't believe the crap storm that i caused. All I wanted to know was the thickness of the ice... I posted the video because I thought people would want to know(instead of driving up there to find out). I just want to make one thing clear, i do not make any money from fishing in any way shape or form.

Somehow we got into politics and retirement problems and all kinds of stuff.

If it is all coming to an end, lets get out there and enjoy it while we can!

Tight lines

Merry Christmas

LTF

:rofl2: I knew this would happen as soon as I read your post, there are a bunch here that figure they own the bloody resource if not Simcoe some other lake all lakes they fish...I first ice fished Simcoe in 1962 with my grand dad does that give me dibs on the lake, hell no.

Edited by lookinforwalleye

Sounds like your field of work is the problem here no?

Bill, if we lived in a prefect world, things would be different, but we all can't be doctors or lawyers.

Sorry about changing the conversation Lovetofish, you help a few on here giving us a heads up video. Put being around here for years, threads seem to get swade sometimes which makes interesting reading.

Look at all your replies and comments. I know a few that use to post here and never got any replies and left. It would be boring if we sat around the campfire and talk about the same thing.

Guys lighten up, lets get out and fish Simcoe for some tasty Perch and Whities. You can have your Lakers, if you want Lakers go off the humps in-front of Grimsby and Fruitland, you'll fill your boat.

Edited by Fish Farmer

Well there you go now the Lake Ontario fishery is going to be raped and pillaged by all the computer jockeys!!! :lol:

Fish Farmer just ruined Lake Ontario, thanks a lot man!!!!! :) :)

You guys stay out of my secret spot. :D

Man I hope this mild weather and rain melts that snow at Bolster so I can pull my clam out without getting a heart attack :stretcher:

Merry Christmas guys :good:

You guys stay out of my secret spot. :D

Im heading to a very secret spot for perch in the morning Dave.

Terry will be blind folded,and leading the way with the chipper.LOL

Have a safe winter games bud. :canadian:

Lets hook up for whiteis in the new year. :clapping:

Edited by Misfish