My Government Rant for the day

Entropy

Three thoughts from this evening:

#1 I wonder if Dalton McGuinty thought about how much the electricity would cost when he turned on the oven to cook a pizza for his family this evening? Especially since it was during peak time.

I know I did.

#2 Does Kathleen Wynne turn off the electricity to the water heater before she runs a bath for her kids? And, turns it back on after peak time ends?

I know I do.

#3 Please share and pass on and talk to others, perhaps those running the Province of Ontario will understand what us 'Middle Class' folk are faced with these days.

Entropy

Going to go chop some firewood now......

not to sound like a broken record...nor am I accepting to the current leadership and nor am I a liberal voter...are we to expect more with different leadership??? The middle class get screwed no matter. I've always felt the liberals catered to the middle class..the left leaning parties the lower and the right the upper and business !? I'm a 36 y/o business owner that often wonders what's better. Who's better? I'm beginning to believe all the same....sorry. My rant. I'm done. Is there a gov't that will ever please all?? Nope.

...and also to answer your question...no they do not!

Edited by ctdd2006

In all reality how soon can change even come, it's not like someone who actually wants to serve the people and do well by the majority of the population can just step in and abolish every bill passed and change them on a whim, things take time unfortunately

Electricity has been mismanaged in the province since day one... For decades we gave it away to multinational corporations at less than it cost to entice them to keep jobs here.... That only resulted in a debt retirement charge we all enjoy now. And a sucking sound of jobs going overseas.

While running up those deficits there was also supposedly "no money" to reinvest in the infrastructure. So we deregulated it and privitized parts of it, which resulted in those rolling brown outs a few years back, and a few lucky Conservative supporters getting sweetheart deals on pieces of that pie. We solved that by sending every heavy industry job overseas and viola NO more rolling brown outs.

About that time we had a solution for polution, by closing coal plants, and bringing online "innovative" sources of renewable energy. Which because the economy was in the toilet due to the housing recession we didn't even need the same capacity as before. What did that get us? NOTHING for about 1.1 billion and counting... Although a few businesses cashed some very large cheques, for doing not a damn thing, which hopefully at least got spent buying something in Ontario somewhere...

Now we get the wonderful choice do we pay what all this cost by seeing rates go by up 42% or do we pass the bill onto the next generation with interest. In short you couldn't write a horror story that was this bad because no one would believe that much stupidity could be pulled over one item.

Edited by Canuck2fan

Build a few more nuclear plants..

If we did who would pay for that? I know that some workers from the Bruce build, who paid OFF their mortgages just from the mileage cheques they got to commute, from here. Ironically one of them was a carpenter by trade LOL.

Edited by Canuck2fan

As much as most of you wish I would stay away its moments like these that keep bring me back into the frey. I just hope the whining doesn't stop here. The internet reaches every corner of the sphere we live on at the click of a mouse so get on that horse and ride it hard and aim your vitriol in the proper direction at every opportunity cause I'm gonna take a guess those involved aren't forum members.

If we did who would pay for that? I know that some workers from the Bruce build, who paid OFF their mortgages just from the mileage cheques they got to commute, from here. Ironically one of them was a carpenter by trade LOL.

Who do you think would pay for it? lol. It isn't going to be free, but I think it's a better solution then the path they've gone down recently.

- 3 cent to 10 cent a liter gas tax might get added

- proposed Ontario Pension Plan

- 30% to 50% increase in electricity cost

- Township of Scugog to increase property tax 1% a year for the next 20 years

Ummm, hello? There is virtually nothing left!

Edited by Entropy

not to sound like a broken record...nor am I accepting to the current leadership and nor am I a liberal voter...are we to expect more with different leadership??? The middle class get screwed no matter. I've always felt the liberals catered to the middle class..the left leaning parties the lower and the right the upper and business !? I'm a 36 y/o business owner that often wonders what's better. Who's better? I'm beginning to believe all the same....sorry. My rant. I'm done. Is there a gov't that will ever please all?? Nope.

...and also to answer your question...no they do not!

I feel exactly the same way you do. It doesn't matter what they promise, who ever gets elected does two things, screwing us over and doing nothing about it.

The next election will be to vote for the party that will be involved in the least amount of scandals.

It's bad when my hydro bill would be well over $100 a month even if I didn't use any!

Unfortunately the liberals will probably get back in due to the strong support from TO. Not that any other party will do much different if elected in. Letters to the editors in the Toronto papers that slam the liberals are usually from out of towners. Don't really see many people within TO bashing them. I think more and more are feeling the same when you look at voter turnouts. I know guys that said they aren't going to vote and that goes against everything they have ever said in the past.

Typical and predictable responces. Guess its just the Canadian way. I wonder if that attitude changes when there is a choice to be made between heat and food. Brings back memories of when I toiled in a local slaughter house years back. They didn't put up much of a fight back then either. Lamb anyone?

You know what, you keep on getting screwed, over and over again there comes a point when debate and talk ends and action has to take place. Happens all over the world when people get suppressed by government, and historically relevant in forming new policies for the people.....

I can see better now why the anarchist movement has such a following.

You can be a sheep or you can be a wolf in sheep's clothing. Attack from the strong points by blending in. Get into the political loop and back the forces that will make the change. If you can't beat things then mediate your damages as best you can. If propane is cheaper than electric go to gas. It is not who can complain the loudest it is who can control the impact of issues in their life's that wins. This philosophy has served me well in life hopefully it will someday make your life better too.

Art