Crappie

nancur373

Went to check out a lake this afternoon. Saw about 8 guys out there so out I went. Fished with a couple guys that I met last year...still don't know their names lol. We saw a newer ski-doo with two kids on it ripping up and down the lake and then they headed straight for the open water. when they hit the slush it bogged down but luckily the machine had enough power to overcome it and ride the water. Would have been real scary as there is a good undertow there to the dam. They went off the lake and had to ride the road to where ever and didn't see them anymore. Anyhoo, I got there around 1:30 and left around 4. Caught about a dozen and let most go as one of the other guys gave me some when he left. Got mine on a berkley 2" minnow and a perch like tube. The other guys were using grubs. The bite was really hot before i got there and tapered off quickly lol. They stayed right below us and didn't have to move much. Was a good first ice day.

Edited by PURENEWF

Must be a good population of crappie on that pond, how much pressure does it get? I might have to head up with my kid. Any pike in there? Strictly catch and release for us though as nobody else in the house eats fish but me :dunno:

Burt :)

Must be a good population of crappie on that pond, how much pressure does it get? I might have to head up with my kid. Any pike in there? Strictly catch and release for us though as nobody else in the house eats fish but me :dunno:

Burt :)

I wouldn't say tons of pressure. today there were about 8-10 of us. In middle of winter you can see as many as 30-40. Pike yes and some nice ones too. Need live minnows for those guys.

You might wanna kill that lake and access description PDQ...

Nice haul of fish!!

I don't mind Wayne. Not like the lake is a secret. 3/4 of the shoreline is public access and you can see most of the lake from anywhere you enter and all the guys are in the one spot for the slabs. It's not hard to figure out.

You might wanna kill that lake and access description PDQ...

Nice haul of fish!!

I agree 100%. PURENEWF it's not a matter of it being well known by the locals. It might be able to sustain that fishing pressure. But once it gets on the internet ....the hordes that may have always gone elsewhere might just start going there instead.

I'm very jealous of your day as I have not been on the ice yet. Congrats on that. But for the sake of your local honey hole you might really wanna keep it on the down low.

Delete it if you must and I'll delete my profile. Didn't realize it was against the law to share info about fishing on a fishing forum and that there were secret lakes that no one knows about in southern Ontario. Think I'll take my info and advice elsewhere. Nice knowing you guys.

Delete it if you must and I'll delete my profile. Didn't realize it was against the law to share info about fishing on a fishing forum and that there were secret lakes that no one knows about in southern Ontario. Think I'll take my info and advice elsewhere. Nice knowing you guys.

I'm sure most of us have done this? including myself. Just delete some (wording) and no more harm done.It'll be forgotten in no time . :good: .

Edited by davey buoy

Please do not post VERY SPECIFIC information on fishing spots, ie pinpoint locations and maps. It is our belief that sharing this type of knowledge to the general public is not at all good for the resource itself. When communicating info on spots, please keep it to email or a PM.

No where does it say no lake names and no where did I say exactly where I was on the lake nor how deep I was fishing.

I don't believe profiles can be deleted from OFC.

I think we're all life'ers!

Nice haul by the way. I never got to read your original pre-editted post... But if you posted a name of a lake, for early ice crappies... Your crazy. Sorry man. But that's just the way it is. Some people really don't understand what the internet can do to a lake.

Edited by N.A.W

I don't believe profiles can be deleted from OFC.

I think we're all life'ers!

Nice haul by the way. I never got to read your original pre-editted post... But if you posted a name of a lake, for early ice crappies... Your crazy. Sorry man. But that's just the way it is. Some people really don't understand what the internet can do to a lake.

I realize the issue now. I was just pissed of the attitude towards me saying that the whole thread should be removed.

I also realized we're lifers...so may as well stick around