fishing mood swings

Rod Caster

I'm in the same situation as Sinker... My kids do live with me Ex but I don't drive anymore so for me to get out it's at least 1 hour walking just to see what it's like out there. New town, new life, new job but trying to make the best of it.

Fishing is like my 'church' is the best way I can describe it.

My fishing all but stopped after having 4 kids in 5.5 years. A couple of years ago we bought a trailer on Pigeon Lake. It will be good for the "kids" we said. It's great...my kids love fishing. It didn't feel right to be on the water all day and leave the wife at the park with all the kids. But lucky for me I take them with me. My 6 and 4 year old boys would kill me if I got up at 5 am to go fishing and didn't wake them. We usually go out at daylight and head back in when the wife texts that breakfast is on. Best thing is I am not the one having to say one more cast. I have to disappoint the boys and head in. Truth be told, I spend more time teaching and observing the boys than wetting a line myself but I love it. Then usually we fish off the dock with all the kids late in the afternoon to the evening and me and one of the boys will go out in the boat now and then and fish till dark.

I tell you...if it weren't for the trailer, my fishing wouldn't be 10% of what it is now.

Great post. Fished all my life and plan to die on some river or frozen lake. Don't go fishing as much these days bc of family and work but the trips are definitely more epic usually involving travel, overnight stays, good times. Now I wonder once and a while how many more years will body parts last to keep me out there. Fishing different ways, in different areas, testing theories, and fishing with new people can make it interesting. Sometimes I enjoy taking people out just to put them on fish and watch and enjoy the show.

in the last 10 years, 9 of which I owned my boat for, this is the year I've done the least amount of fishing.

mainly life got in the way. got married. bought a house. spouse lost her job which drastically tightened up finances. I did manage to do two northern cottage trips for a week each. if it wasn't for those, i couldn't even call myself a fisherman this year.

oh well, 2014 will be a new year. i'm looking forward to getting back in the groove of things.

Same here Simon BUT it does happen. Buy choice or not. It does happen. I need it (like I said it's my church) but at times you have to put things aside to deal with life. Fishing "will always be there" (I HOPE!) so when the time comes to get back to it I WILL be there.

Same here Simon BUT it does happen. Buy choice or not. It does happen. I need it (like I said it's my church) but at times you have to put things aside to deal with life. Fishing "will always be there" (I HOPE!) so when the time comes to get back to it I WILL be there.

Blasphemy….stone him!!!!!!

Fishing is a huge part of my life. Been fishing since around 8 years old when the old man took me ice fishing on Simcoe. Still have fond memories of looking down in 10 ft. of water and catching huge perch and pike etc.

Lucky; Wife likes fishing as well as my two sons. We can be found most weekends fishing Simcoe; Kawartha's or Haliburton lakes. Now almost 68 years old and still gong-ho to go fishing.

Family caught me sitting in my portable in the basement. Tease me about being in the fetal position with my thumb in my mouth waiting for the ice to form.

interesting thread

somedays I ask myself why I even do this to myself

The flurry of emotions that we go through in a year,during good fishing ....its glidding or sledding along,

when tough...you stay motivited and motivate everyone in the boat ,when in reality your down right crabby inside and say to yourself" The next one I catch,I am cooking it" , till you catch one then its all happy,happy happy again

its the way of life that kicks in,its what I wake to do

what we must all realize with over indulgence of fishing,we are in some way trying to undertsand,trick other living matter into eating artificial food!!!!!!! Beyond what we may think and conceive fish and living matter have their own schedule and may not over indulge as we human do

sometimes letting your eyes and ears abosrb the surroundings is where its truly at