Info on medicated society

Marc Thorpe

its sad,and has been going on for some time too,and canadian waters are not any different ,these are showing up in our great lakes drinking water as well....its pretty gross....sad but a new fact thats for sure...its not going to get qany better they are also finding birth control hormones in fish too,as well as anti-inflamatories as they take quite a while to break down.....and to think it used to be just DDT,and mercury and dioxin and PCB THAT THEY WERE WORRIED ABOUT !!!!!

Thing about it is our waste water management throughout North Amercia has not evolved to this sort of new polutants.We dampened chemical waste but did not anticipate pharmaceutical.

Only way to counter this form of waste management is Ozone treatment of waste water,every major city throught North Amercia needs to implement such systems.

We know more than we did in the past but far less than the futur ;)

Even with sanctions in place i wonder how well they are or would be followed? This past year, our local papermill(towns main industry/source of employment) shut its doors. This past summer i seen the river thrive with walleye populations that normally migrated, and..... Crappie!!!! Could be a mere coincidence but its made me think

Even with sanctions in place i wonder how well they are or would be followed? This past year, our local papermill(towns main industry/source of employment) shut its doors. This past summer i seen the river thrive with walleye populations that normally migrated, and..... Crappie!!!! Could be a mere coincidence but its made me think

Enjoy it while it lasts. Under the new Fisheries Act, it is quite possible and lawful for vast tracts of the great white north to be turned into hazardous waste zones. Waters not habited or used by humans won't require environmental protection.

Edited by bigugli

Wastewater is kind of a joke that we all ignore.

Most treatment facilities go through a 'purge' once a month or so.

Essentially this means they have too much waste to deal with, so they take the least toxic of the wastewater, triple the chlorine and shoot it directly back into the watershed. Terrible!! And ROUTINE!!

I am not sure where you are getting your info on waste water plants but yes they do overflow caused by unexpected water flows. The treatment used in theses cases is tertiary treatment which is using chlorine. How ever the chlorine is removed before it is sent to the water shed.

Another form of treatment to remove the pharmaceuticals in a water system is using an AOP using a high intensity UV system. This is a very new form of treatment in water supplies .

what is the treatment to remove the pharmaceuticals in hamilton harbour.

oh that's right, none.

nothing beats launches full of tampon applicators and constant stories of estrogen filled fish from the harbour.

and the water flows that cause the overflows are far from unexpected. they just look at it as a justified ends to the means.

its cheaper to let the poop flow than to fix it.

I am not sure where you are getting your info on waste water plants but yes they do overflow caused by unexpected water flows. The treatment used in theses cases is tertiary treatment which is using chlorine. How ever the chlorine is removed before it is sent to the water shed.

Another form of treatment to remove the pharmaceuticals in a water system is using an AOP using a high intensity UV system. This is a very new form of treatment in water supplies .

Same place as you? You just re-worded what I said so it sounded PC.

Except that "unexpected" part. They full well know it's coming.

Please explain how they remove chlorine from water without distillation?

Enjoy it while it lasts. Under the new Fisheries Act, it is quite possible and lawful for vast tracts of the great white north to be turned into hazardous waste zones. Waters not habited or used by humans won't require environmental protection.

sooner than we think……….

http://thedrydenobserver.ca/2013/11/dryden-eyes-perks-of-ignace-nuclear-waste-site-candidacy/

Rich Chlorine is actually easy to remove it is volatile and actually removes itself when exposed to atmospheric pressure. It can be accelerated by exposure to sunlight band spectrum. The combination that a lot of places use is chloramine which is a chlorine and ammonia based product that resists flashing and is less expensive to use. Both compounds are easily removed using a carbon based filtration system but since the carbon absorbs the products and does not change it you then have a carbon contaminated with the products you removed from the water.

Art

Rich Chlorine is actually easy to remove it is volatile and actually removes itself when exposed to atmospheric pressure. It can be accelerated by exposure to sunlight band spectrum. The combination that a lot of places use is chloramine which is a chlorine and ammonia based product that resists flashing and is less expensive to use. Both compounds are easily removed using a carbon based filtration system but since the carbon absorbs the products and does not change it you then have a carbon contaminated with the products you removed from the water.

Art

yep , thats exactly how its done. Sure sucks more people didnt stand up in protest alot of these new bills that were ushered in :(