Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

Even better. If Dallas doesn't score, the game winning goal will be scored at 0:00 of the first period by a guy that did not play in the game.

The decision is wrong many different ways. But the team loosing thinks they are getting a break because having a full game to make up a 1 goal deficit is better then 50 odd minutes. The team up by 1, who should have a bigger beef with the decision, thinks that being up by 1 is better then starting all over at 0-0. And the decision was made in New York and they think they crap gold.

that's absolutely ridiculous..

Rob's right, Price has yet to show his abilities in the playoffs. Halak and a million blocked shots by Gill really helped them beat Pitt and Wash a few years ago, and last season Price wasn't exactly stellar, but I would put that weight on the entire team, they stunk against Ottawa.

Anyway, lets just hope this is his year! He's incredible to watch when hes on his game!

Also, why the hell did they start the Columbus @ Dallas game at 1 - 0 and play a full 60 minutes? (It was the postponed game when Peverley collasped)

Why not just reset the score, or continue the game from the previous place?! I am assuming this has more to do with viewers/fans than anything?

I f you know anything about the habs then you would know that Price was injured during the Ottawa series. He was wrapped up pretty good but was just not good enough. Halak was and never will be a starting goalie. He is unable to play 65 to 75 games a year and that is why he has been shppoed around this year.

I f you know anything about the habs then you would know that Price was injured during the Ottawa series. He was wrapped up pretty good but was just not good enough. Halak was and never will be a starting goalie. He is unable to play 65 to 75 games a year and that is why he has been shppoed around this year.

How did you manage to come up with all of that out of what I said.

First of all I am a habs fan. Second I am well aware that Carey Price was not 100%. Third, I said Halak played in net the year montreal went to the conference finals. Not sure how his current or future performance has anything to do with this?

The Blackhawks missed the playoffs in between their cup wins, I'm sure they are broken up about that.

Quick, what is the record for consecutive play-off appearances. Right. No one cares. For what it's worth, the Blues and Blackhawks had long(er?) streaks but since it's a useless stat there is no trophy for it. No one's names is engraved. Winning the Cup is all that matters.

The Blackhawks missed the playoffs in between their cup wins, I'm sure they are broken up about that.

Quick, what is the record for consecutive play-off appearances. Right. No one cares. For what it's worth, the Blues and Blackhawks had long(er?) streaks but since it's a useless stat there is no trophy for it. No one's names is engraved. Winning the Cup is all that matters.

Thank you!

Shanahan seems like a pretty bright guy, why would he even consider joining MLSE? At the end of the day, working for that organization can only result in a tarnished reputation and failure.

As far as the Habs go, I just can't see those little guys hangin in with the big hitters, once the real season starts.

HH

They all should be with the consistent "extra" holidays each season. :Gonefishing:

Wow, you really are cocky just barely getting into the playoffs in the last 3 weeks of the season. By the sounds of it I would think Detroit won the Presidents trophy the way you talk about them.

Beautiful!

Toy recall due to extreme choking hazard!!!

download (7).jpg

:w00t::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Come on that's a great toy!! You just have to read the fine print.

Initial purchase price is $12 then it's 7 million a year for the next 7 years.

Playable for 22 minutes a day but works well for 12.

Remember where you left it, tends to be out of position and hard to find when you really need it.

Other than that it's awesome.

Come on that's a great toy!! You just have to read the fine print.

Initial purchase price is $12 then it's 7 million a year for the next 7 years.

Playable for 22 minutes a day but works well for 12.

Remember where you left it, tends to be out of position and hard to find when you really need it.

Other than that it's awesome.

LOL

I'm actually glad this happened, cause Tim liewieke is a guy who will take charge and make change, cya later franson, ranger, orr probably mcclement, gleason, gunnarsonn Kulemin, maybe Kadri if they can get what they want for him and if they could get bolland to stay and clarkson to either produce or find a way to trade him these would all be expendable players, I would like them to pick up Paul Stasny in the off season but at what price would that be is the big question. Getting mason Raymond back at a decent price 2-2.5/year would be a good signing too, and to get komarov back would be great, but probably a pipe dream

I also think and I know a lot of guys won't agree with it but make Kessel captain at least assistant, he carries this team on his back every night and takes the blame even though it's not his to take he rarely makes big blunders and is the person this organization is going to be looking at for most of the offense for the next 8 years and maybe more, he's still young now 25/26 even into his thirties if his scoring dips, he is an accomplished playmaker as well, to go with that he's shown many times through his tenure in toronto as a non selfish player such as ovechkin, huge plus in my books.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/leafs-beat/phil-kessel-takes-ownership-of-leafs-collapse/article17893101/?service=mobile

Edited by leaf4