Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

Lol yeah, who is MM to talk of the richest hockey club in the world folding? I guess that's the business acumen of the guy.

It's fans like that that will certainly see the Sens move to Quebec.

Yeah, just goes to show that all the money in the world can't buy success for the laffs eh!! Too funny lol

Ive been purposely avoiding this thread because i don't want aggravate my Blood pressure, but watching the Leafs as of late has that affect on my BP anyways.

What the hell is going on with them ???

I wonder if anyone keeps a stat on how many goals Phaneuf has scored on his own team (via deflections) since he has joined the Leafs, and how that compares with other players nhl wide. It just seems I have seen so many goals go in off him over the last few years and thats gotta make it frustrating for the goalie.

When its 5 on 5 and they get trapped in their own end why do the Leafs collapse to a small box ?? why do the wingers collapse and not cover the points ? it seems so obvious but hey im just a frustrated fan .... !!!

no big point shots, no jam plays , no aggression in front of net ... Kessels 30ft wrist shots aren't going to cut every night, everybody knows VanRiemsdyks cute little play off the side of the net now, so stop trying it !!!!

They are not even close to the caliber of the Pens, Canucks and Bruins

Just my frustrated 2 cents ...

they're missing bolland and to a lesser degree bozak quite a bit me thinks.

compared to last year and even early this season, i'm amazed at the lack of hitting and forecheck i am seeing as well -- they just don't seem to be punishing the opposing defense very much. komarov wasn't responsible for all of it!

Desire to win.

Not enough players have it.

I wish it was that simple. If they sucked all the time it would probably be easier to deal with. But then you see games like they played earlier this season (Which Raf referred to) and the more recent games like the one against Chicago and the Pens. Awesome games (Even with the loss against the Pens), then they come out like they did against Florida.. I just don't get it... Completely different teams depending on which night it is.

For me at least, that's the frustrating part.

Edited by BillM

What I get a kick out of is the Sens fans going on and on about how perfect life is cause the leafs are loosing a game or 2, yet I dont have a clue how the Sens are doing till now..Yikes there's no wonder why there in here firing us up..Stunk out the joint again last night 5-2 loss Go Leafs Go no sens no...

You leaf fans forgo that the opposing team ( Chicago) sucked when they played the Leafs. Plus they had two AHL goalies in the line so it looks to me like the BH's threw the game. Do you honestly believe that the Chicago Blackhawks lost any sleep in losing to the leafs?? NOT!!! There is no beLEAF on this team that's the problem along with not trusting each other on the ice.

TB before you go off spouting about the stinker from Ottawa it would be advisable to look at your team and you will see the same stinker.......

You leaf fans forgo that the opposing team ( Chicago) sucked when they played the Leafs. Plus they had two AHL goalies in the line so it looks to me like the BH's threw the game. Do you honestly believe that the Chicago Blackhawks lost any sleep in losing to the leafs?? NOT!!! There is no beLEAF on this team that's the problem along with not trusting each other on the ice.

TB before you go off spouting about the stinker from Ottawa it would be advisable to look at your team and you will see the same stinker.......

What are you angry about? Need a hug? Some professional help? Relax man.

I rest my case.. Oh great we have another troll...

From right out of the horses (walruses) mouth; Paul MacLean told reporters that "there's a lack of focus, there's a lack of leadership and there's a lack of preparation"

Funny how the lowly fans of this "team" troll a leafs thread so much when their own team has fallen to a point where the "coach" is calling out everyone, and is pretty much walking a plank right now to his firing.

But yes, the jealous naure of them all, they choose to slip to an even lower class and insult Canada's team, our beloved Maple Leafs.