Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

Being on IR doesn't automatically give cap releif. It has to be long term and the team has to request for the relief from the league. I don't think the Leaf's asked/received cap relief for Bolland. :dunno:

My mistake cause your right..But I thought they did because he was on long term IR..

Bolland was and still may be on long-term injury reserve. If he's off, it happened only in the last couple days. The Leafs must have applied for cap relief knowing he'd be out long term plus they just put McLaren on waivers to free up cap space for Bolland. If the Leafs aren't willing to sign Bolland to a 5-7 year contract at about 5mil per year, good chance he gets traded today. He's UFA this season.

Bill, "bring back Komorov".

You Aren't Joking!!!

(yes, I'm biased being a FInn, but BRING BACK KOMOROV!!!)

Sign him for a couple years and I'll finally have a name to put on the back of my jersey :)

Steve, that guy was just awesome.. Hard hitting, great in the corners, definitely had the dmen looking over their shoulder when he was on the ice. and he was cheap. A little more grit upfront can never hurt.

Edited by BillM

The Leafs are in a stuff spot with Bolland. Yes his trade value has dropped but without a long-term deal, he walks after the season. That is worse than lessened trade value. A deal involving guaranteed medical conditions is not unheard of. I hope he stays, but are the Leafs willing to go long term? He would probably qualify (I'd have to check) for a NT clause somewhere during his next contract as well. His injury has complicated the deal.

The thing with Bolland though is no one wants him when he's hurt and he can't ask for the big bucks with the season he's had. We all know how he plays, I think the Leafs would be stupid to even consider getting rid of him.

Given his career in Tampa this makes him look like a 7 year old who's mother didn't buy him some candy while at the grocery store.

He will not find the net in NY the way he did in Tampa and after his career is over he will look back on this as an awful move.

Yzerman did well considering the circumstances.