Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

About as good as Karlson when you played us...lol

Karrlson is in a league of his own. No question about it.

You laffites wish you had a guy like him. Instead you have panuf and a guy who hasn't played in the league for five years lol. Good luck with that

i'd rather tie than the possibility that a teams fate is decided at the end of the season by trick shot. nothing worse than two teams playing a helluva hockey game and deciding it like that.

Yup, its silly. In the end it's about individual play instead of a team effort. I wish they'd get rid of the shootout entirely.

I enjoy the shootout..We all did it as kids, except it was called a penalty shot..Come on how many times were you Wayne Gretzky or Mario Lemux busting down the point for the big shot to win the cup..Thats why the shootout exists..Childhood memories..Now it actually means something...Seeing as how this is a Sens thread
Its about time Bobby Ryan did something, I have him in out OFC pool here..Finally a Sen I find useful...

a shootout makes the 3 periods essentially a waste of time, the game is resorting to a talent show. You could have a team full of fancy players getting out played by a bunch of 3rd liners to keep in the game then it gets decided by a shootout! I don't mind a tie, I'd prefer OT until someone wins but the TV networks can't handle that and I'm sure many of the viewers that are not avid fans will stop watching at a certain point.

a shootout makes the 3 periods essentially a waste of time, the game is resorting to a talent show. You could have a team full of fancy players getting out played by a bunch of 3rd liners to keep in the game then it gets decided by a shootout! I don't mind a tie, I'd prefer OT until someone wins but the TV networks can't handle that and I'm sure many of the viewers that are not avid fans will stop watching at a certain point.

I agree as well,play till someone gets two points!One point each is bull imo.I'm sure as you say the networks probably couldn't handle the crossover/shows coming on in there time slot.

I've got a feeling Reimer won't be sticking around too long.

I disagree although I know Reimer won't like being a backup, but if you can split those games over an 82 game season 50-32 or something like that I think it can give them a serious goalie tandem but who knows maybe Reims can pull out a couple of big games and be on top again

It'd be interesting to see him as a definite #1 but it is very hard to say that time is now, goalies age differently and it seems they're at their best and most consistent at around age 30, when was the last time a young goalie came in and made waves? you never hear about any depth in net in terms of drafts.

Ed belfour was an undrafted signing when he first started in the nhl all those years ago in Chicago and he's one of the best there ever was so it really is a tough call when trying to gauge the pedigree of a goaltender who is 25

And Chicago traded Hasek (who wasn't young at the time) away because they were going with Belfour.

Straight up, goalies are weird.

More of the game is between their ears then any other position in hockey. The smaller equipment might also mean some of those goalies who just positioned themselves and shrug their shoulders will not be looking as good this year.

I'd rather the leafs stay with the combo they have now and unless some team is desperate through injury or another crisis the trade value isn't that high anyway. Cap wise, these 2 goalies fit and after this season make the decision for the next 4-5 years.

Edited by kickingfrog

And Chicago traded Hasek (who wasn't young at the time) away because they were going with Belfour.

Straight up, goalies are weird.

More of the game is between their ears then any other position in hockey. The smaller equipment might also mean some of those goalies who just positioned themselves and shrug their shoulders will not be looking as good this year.

I'd rather the leafs stay with the combo they have now and unless some team is desperate through injury or another crisis the trade value isn't that high anyway. Cap wise, these 2 goalies fit and after this season make the decision for the next 4-5 years.

I play net thanks!.... :glare: haha just playing but I do play net, always during any sort of tourney or playoff I have to get in my zone first, and usually I have to take a leak and I just seem to play better, don't ask I have no idea haha but yeah, definitely need to get into a mode I usually just sit in the room after I'm dressed and just relax try and not too think too much. It's always nice to have a league keep your stats too, always in playoffs I play better (or maybe my defence does) regardless in any of my winning years in rep or houseleague staying in the zone is key, when you're on you're on and don't change a thing!

Haha I know, nothing I haven't heard before and I'm not offended by it at all, like they say you have to be some sort of crazy to willingly stand in front of a puck being blasted at you, I just think it's fun :)

Edited by leaf4