Musky fishing with my wife and daughter

Handlebarz

Well it was another awesome weekend fishing Lake St.Clair Saturday morning I took my daughter out casting musky she is running the Abu Toro winch like a champ she needs more work on distance but that will come with time. We fished for a hour or so then she wanted to try for some small fish it was not long before she hit this silver bass

photo2_zps121663b2.jpg

I'm surprised she only go the one. We switched spots and tried for musky I ended up getting this one it was 41" That was it for us in the morning we did have a lot of follows and she had her first follow of the year that was fun to watch and get on the GoPro.

e4ef5161-43fd-4870-9ad3-46e7f187e39e_zps

I went back out Saturday night by myself and had a great time boating a little guy right away on a Mammoth Handlebarz it was cool to watch this little fish eat a big bait. I did not take a picture of it but do have video on You Tube of the fight. I raised a few more fish then sunk the hooks into a great looking 51"X23" bad picture but I have good video I just need to remember how to take still shots from my gopro.

IMG_0215_zps7540cf7c.jpg

I then got a 46"X21" that I did not get a good picture of either I had my camera set on Program mode which I figured out when I got home and due to the light it sucked but again I do have good video and can pull stills from the GoPro when I get time to figure it out.

Sunday morning came around and it was my wife's turn to come out fishing we were on the water by 5 something and having a awesome time the winds were great the water was awesome and the fish were moving just not committing they were slow to follow and would usually stop or turn away as soon as they saw the boat. First fish was just as some jack AZZ blasted up on us full throttle and stopped right in front of our boat yes directly on our path we were working. I did not take a picture of it just let it out of the net it was around 40" we do have nice video of it and I cut my cometary out I never yelled at him as they did the same thing to Jade and I the day before but this time they had a little girl with them. Any way it takes all kinds of tools to make any day interesting.

Oh yeah back to the musky I was casting a disco inferno Double 10 and felt something nudge the bait this is totally cool when the big fish do this as you know they are about to EAT and she did she had the bait totally in her mouth (this is another reason my 10's are made with 1 treble hook) I had a quick fight as I horsed her in due to fear of a break off I use 130# Florocarbon leaders but was still in fear of something bad the wife does a great net job and I boat a 52"X20 1/2"

IMG_0234_zpsb8377da5.jpg

Well the wife is now wanting to get on the board more then anything but before she can I hook into another nice musky about 10 min after I released the 52"this one was a great looking 46"X19" the wife again did a awesome net job and Im on the board again

IMG_0239_zps6fde1c80.jpg

Well the wife is so unhappy as she has only had follows and none that looked like they would eat for her. That was about to change I was watching her reel in her line and saw a very nice thick fish follow her bait to the boat she went right into the figure 8 this fish was HOT and needed a meal of steel and flash it was right on the bait in her figure 8 but then it turned away and headed to the back of the boat where I was (yes she kicked me to the back of the boat so she could catch fish LOL) my bait was heading right at the fish but it turned to head back to hers I paused so that it would not see my bait BAD MOVE as this got the fishes attention and it just crushed my lure :oops: but I did set the hook adn start to back pedal with the wife but she would have none of that I was in trouble BIG TIME. But I did show her that you can get fish from the back of the boat :w00t:
this one was a fat 46"X20 1/2"

IMG_0239_zps6fde1c80.jpg

Well were back at it and Im trying to not get another fish as I have 4 for the day but the follows keep coming I did get another fish that was around 40" I took a picture just because this was the first time she called me Sweetheart (YES RON it was from the Heart)

IMG_0240_zps080373e2.jpg

Release shot of the last fish from the day

IMG_0241_zps2f000648.jpg

It was a awesome time on the weekend and I am so sorry that I boater her fish but like I tell her at least now she knows she lost a 46"X20 1/2" that still does not go over good LOL. We are heading out soon for some action tonight lets hope she gets on in the boat or I'm mud.

Here are the videos from fishing with the wife I hope you all enjoy

That is awesome! Good thing the battery died because when that fish left your wife's bait to go hit yours she did NOT look impressed. I'm glad I watched though, I've been debating asking for Thursday off to go fishing, but a little reluctant...now I'm asking for sure!

Unreal!!!

All hail to the Muskie King, Queen and Princess Parker! All i can say is you guys are on to them big time! I'll bet you and your family will have more Muskie caught than the rest of us on OFC combined!

Some excellent footage as of late too I may add. Just a thought, can you get a polarized lens for the go pro? If not, can you make one?

Edited by Ron

Thanks Blade and Phil

and Ron I am getting one I hope it does well for me as I need it to cut that glare with all the follows it would be awesome to have clear view of them. Im also working on some other things to try and get better footage I like the head cam better now but I still dont like how much I look around but I have to to keep doing what I am doing out there.

Well off to bed soon as I will be out before the moon sets and the sun rises 4:30 cant come fast enough