Took the kids Fishing - Daughters new PB Largemouth

mattyk

Took my kids fishing by the pond that's 5 minutes from my house. This place is usually hit or miss with bass but we can always count on some bluegill. My son started catching several bluegill and my daughter had not caught a fish for a while. She was still pretty happy because we had practiced casting in the backyard and I was letting her cast. She was casting like a pro with a spinning rod/reel setup. Well we finally see her float go down and I tell her to set the hook and she does. It took us a while to get the fish in on 6lb line and keep her away from all obstructions by shore. The fish was 19" and my daughter was so excited. She is no longer scared of holding fish, and I was so proud of her reeling the fish in, holding it and then wanting to let it go. We were also able to catch some smaller bass.

We caught 4 bass and 6 bluegill in 1 hour of fishing before the heavy rain started.

med_gallery_396_700_1566328.jpg

med_gallery_396_700_69006.jpg

med_gallery_396_700_1541818.jpg

Ok, my wife just gave me heck for taking my kids (7 and 9 who love fishing) fishing opposed to wonderland or something similar. Now there is an air of truth to that I'm sure, but whats wrong with it? Out on the water in the woods opposed to standing in 2 hour lines all day to go on 2 min rides....BTW ive been taking the kids solo more these days as my wife has some back troubles. Those are awesome pictures of your kids which made me think. Sorry to post on your lovely page...

Edited by Shloim

Ok, my wife just gave me heck for taking my kids (7 and 9 who love fishing) fishing opposed to wonderland or something similar. Now there is an air of truth to that I'm sure, but whats wrong with it? Out on the water in the woods opposed to standing in 2 hour lines all day to go on 2 min rides....BTW ive been taking the kids solo more these days as my wife has some back troubles

you know how much money you saved by going fishing instead of Wonderland?!?!? :good: