Introductions

Hedfish

Hi guys,

I've been lurking around for a few months now and finally decided to register. You seem to have a pretty nice community here, it's been fun to read some of the posts.

There is not much to say about myself. I love fishing, even though I started fishing only last year. So, obviously, I am very new to all this stuff, but to be honest, I consider it a good thing - everything is new to me, every fish caught is an achievement and there are so many species I haven't caught yet, so all this fun is still ahead of me.

I don't get out as much as I'd like - my 2 fishing buddies seem to be busy all the time and I don't like going alone. Hopefully it will improve this year, we'll see. So far, I am more of a theoretic fisherman. :)

Well, here I am, don't laugh at me too much if I ask something stupid. :)

Welcome to OFC Hedfish!

You will find so much information here it will become overwhelming. The community goes above and beyond.

However, a little warning... A Sense of humour seems to be a must!

Enjoy,

who knows maybe you will make another fishing buddy or two!

Cheers,

Jen

Thank you for the warm welcome, guys.

I gotta update my profile... I live in Toronto, so I fish around here as well - Simcoe, Bobcageon (sp?), GB area. Once I went to Kingston area (some smaller lake up north from the city) and it was just awesome. Oh and I went to Belwood once, but didn't see any fish there :)

Like I said, I am just starting, it's more exploration than fishing so far. Trying to find some spots to fish is pretty cool, I wish I had more time though. And a boat, lol. :)

Thank you for the warm welcome, guys.

I gotta update my profile... I live in Toronto, so I fish around here as well - Simcoe, Bobcageon (sp?), GB area. Once I went to Kingston area (some smaller lake up north from the city) and it was just awesome. Oh and I went to Belwood once, but didn't see any fish there :)

Like I said, I am just starting, it's more exploration than fishing so far. Trying to find some spots to fish is pretty cool, I wish I had more time though. And a boat, lol. :)

I hear you about the boat. My wife (bly on the board) and I are relegated to the shores as well. We have a good time just scouting new places on lakes and rivers to fish...we have had some pretty good luck too! Looking foward to your reports.

Welcome to the zoo Hedfish, always good to have new fishermen join us...but be careful as this place can become addictive. Oh and when you do get out fishing, don't forget your camera...we like pictures :)

Maureen

Welcome Hedfish to the show that never ends! Contrary to what you might have read, we don't mind answering questions. Enjoy your stay.

John

Welcome to the zoo Hedfish, always good to have new fishermen join us...but be careful as this place can become addictive.

Hehe, tell me about it. I know I should be working, but I can't stop browsing the forum and all the links from here. Just finished reading the pike article in the latest OFC Magazine, good stuff, I am itching to fish for pike this coming weekend.

As for pictures, I hope I'll have something to post soon, but most likely it will be "OMG I didn't know these can get this small!" kind of pictures. :)

Hey Hedfish, I just joined about a week ago and already feel right at home here. There are other sites but this is by far the best run one I have found. There is no such thing as a stupid question unless you are Paris hilton or Jessica Simpson then they are all stupid. :lol::w00t::jerry::oops: Sorry, I just found icons I didnt know existed. :dunno:

• 5 years later...

Howdy , I,m just another guy that likes fishing .

I use mainly ultralite gear and I make my own home made tackle . which I use about 90 percent of the time . I make my own cheesy wet and dry flies ( hey .. they work ) .

I make these popper-like lures that is an ongoing project of trying to perfect .

They look a bit silly , but I catch fish on them , and i have fun making them .

I also make a TOP SECRET weedless spoon type lure that you can cast right into the weeds and it,s killer for largemouth bass .

There,s nothing better than catching fish on something you made yourself .

RE : ( what ever happened to introductions )

Had i not seen that post , i would not have searched for a thread called introductions , as most sites usually have that pinned up at the top of the list .

Howdy , I,m just another guy that likes fishing .

I use mainly ultralite gear and I make my own home made tackle . which I use about 90 percent of the time . I make my own cheesy wet and dry flies ( hey .. they work ) .

I make these popper-like lures that is an ongoing project of trying to perfect .

They look a bit silly , but I catch fish on them , and i have fun making them .

I also make a TOP SECRET weedless spoon type lure that you can cast right into the weeds and it,s killer for largemouth bass .

There,s nothing better than catching fish on something you made yourself .

RE : ( what ever happened to introductions )

Had i not seen that post , i would not have searched for a thread called introductions , as most sites usually have that pinned up at the top of the list .

Well howdy !!! Wecome Bud !!

You didnt have to search for Introductions, just make your ownw00t.gif