15 Minute Fishing Trip

NAW

It's been a very busy year for my family. So far, I've only been out fishing twice, and only for short periods of time.

So when I see fellow OFC'rs name pop up on my caller ID, I got a little excited.

Livinisfishin put his newly renovated boat in the water, and was out on the lake.

The boss gave me her approval to bail on father duties for an hour.! :worthy:

I actually felt a little gitty! My boat has been sitting ready to rock for months... But hasn't hit the water yet.

We meet up at my neighbours dock, because I am across the street from the lake.

So I loaded up my bike, and shot over to the launch. 5 minutes from the time I hung up the phone, to the time my feet where on the dock. I had taken Alex for a ride last week, so the baby seat was still attached to my bike. Things fit just right!

IMG_0549_zps6552c792.jpg

I think I got some weird looks riding down the road to my neighbours.

IMG_0551_zps67e7810f.jpg

IMG_0552_zpse28801a5.jpg

Livinisfishin pulling up from across the lake.

IMG_0556_zps699cce46.jpg

He rebuilt this boat from the ground up. And it is a perfect little fishing boat. Wide open in the back. Nice and clean. He did a really good job on it. Just gotta mount the electronics and trolling motor!

IMG_0559_zps5229f41a.jpg

We hit spot number one. Make maybe a dozen cases.

IMG_0560_zps63fb9e5e.jpg

Then the rain started up across the lake. Time to header in.

IMG_0561_zps49c78357.jpg

Looked a little harmless at first. But boy, did it ever come down hard. Jay made the run back across the lake in torrential downpour. He made it safe and sound, and notified me when he got back.

So that was one failed fishing trip, and really not worth a report on OFC..

But to be honest with you, I was just really happy to get out on the water for 15 minutes. Take a few casts with some good company.

I've been joanzing to type up a fishing report for OFC! So I thought I'd try to make something out of nothing!

Thanks for the replies folks.. Been out of the country for a few day. I expected to see this one on page 2!

Gunna head out again Saturday morning with Alex. Hopefully tie into a few. It will be my first time taking Alex in the boat. He's 10 months. So I might not do much fishing!!!!

Jay, if you read this, let me know what your doing Saturday morning. Your boat would be perfect for Alex to crawl around in. And it's still clean!!!

Great report Nick

I remember one 15 minute fishing trip I spent at the Toronto Islands

The day started by walking 10 minutes to the bus stop at 5:30am with 20lbs of carp gear in my backpack. Taking the bus 20 minutes to the subway station. I took the subway 25 minutes down to Union Station. Then walked 7 minutes to the ferry docks. Took the ferry over, walked a little and finally got to my fishing spot. I fished for 10 minutes then get a call from the girl I was seeing at the time…

“I NEED YOU NOW! THERE’S A HUGE SPIDER IN MY KITCHEN!!!” :o

Me = :wallbash:

I spent 5 minutes of trying to convince her it’s harmless. Being the gentleman that I am, I packed up and made my journey back home to Scarborough. Granted it was a fairly large spider that was on her ceiling. But still… :wallbash:

Great report Nick

I remember one 15 minute fishing trip I spent at the Toronto Islands

The day started by walking 10 minutes to the bus stop at 5:30am with 20lbs of carp gear in my backpack. Taking the bus 20 minutes to the subway station. I took the subway 25 minutes down to Union Station. Then walked 7 minutes to the ferry docks. Took the ferry over, walked a little and finally got to my fishing spot. I fished for 10 minutes then get a call from the girl I was seeing at the time…

“I NEED YOU NOW! THERE’S A HUGE SPIDER IN MY KITCHEN!!!” :o

Me = :wallbash:

I spent 5 minutes of trying to convince her it’s harmless. Being the gentleman that I am, I packed up and made my journey back home to Scarborough. Granted it was a fairly large spider that was on her ceiling. But still… :wallbash:

You're a nice guy....tells yer mother...

I'm a little disappointed not to see the tackle properly belted in, come on, get your act together (Hahaha)

nice report

Haha! It's a short ride with no bumps! Don't worry, the tackle was safe the entire time! No tackle abuse here!