Lakers, Largies and a hungry Bear....

RJackson

Few days wrapped up here. Joined two fellas from my local FH message board over the past week and as usual these trips are always a hoot.

Cprince and I fished a lake over in PQ. STUPID numbers of fish. I think I had 9 Largies in the boat before he casted once ( he's a slow knot tyer :dunno: ), all on cranks.

It rain all day and while the size sucked we had a blast.

rjcraig.jpg

I then had DropShot'r n board. We went to Muskrat, it sucked. We had a dozen in the boat by noon with 2 3 lbers for our efforts. I made the call to bail and head elsewhere. Great call. They ate everything there including open water frogging.

I did catch a freakin snapping turtle on a jig, that was interesting!

rjstevelargies.jpg

My buddy Rob and I did a Laker trolling day. I loved that, effortless fish catching!. His Terrova with Ipilot did the trick.

Steelhead rods landed us 10 for 12 on this kicked back day!

rjtrollinglaker.jpg

Grant and I had a great day on the jig the other day, excuse Grant's pics as I had to crop them as he fished in his gitch because he showed up in jeans for a forecasted 30 degree day... :w00t: :w00t:

grantlaker1.jpg

rjlakerjuly3.jpg

We finally kept a few fish for the table. Birdee BBQ'd em up and they were tasty, so they say!

grantlakers.jpg

And finally my first Duker for 2013.... :Gonefishing:

rjbiglakerjuly3.jpg

Starting another weeks holidays today. 3 booked trips and 3 fun days on tap. Gonna have to go to the Rideau River soon, Birdee and I are fishin the MSBassin event on the river early August and haven't been on it for Bass in 12 years...great event to consider fishing, great cause and fun day!

RJ

P.S. The Bears like Lay's at our place FYI...

RJbear-1.jpg