Lake Ontario Bass

BLOO KANOO

Has anyone fished for bass on the Lake Ontario shoreline? I'm not talking about Quinte or the other bays in the area, I mean out in the main lake. I have been curious about this for a few years. I may not catch anything, but I want to give it a try. Does anyone know of a good place to start between say Port Hope and Belleville? If you have tried this let me know.

Thanks.

Lake Ontario has huge massive smallies !!!!!! It's the secret as everyone goes to Erie for smallies but lake o has monster smallies !!!!! And most people will not give up their lake o spots but the further east you go the better it gets and all around the Kingston area it's amazing but between Toronto and coburg there is some great smallie areas if you can get contour maps of lake o and know what the bottom composition is you can figure it out !!!!! I have got some brutes at both the Darlington nuke plant and the Pickering nuke over the years !!!!!

Lake Ontario has huge massive smallies !!!!!!I have got some brutes at both the Darlington nuke plant and the Pickering nuke over the years !!!!!

!!!!

I tried my best NOT to catch smallies at the nuke plant. lol

They were infested with 5-6 lb smallies.

Any obvious structure, river mouth, pier will give you a good chance of a smallmouth.

Shore fishing Toronto lake o bass will make you rip your eyes out. So much good looking, and yet surprisingly dead water. Lol change your focus to coarse fish and you won't be disappointed if you peg some smallies while goimg for monster drum lol. Your location is probably a different story....

Shore fishing Toronto lake o bass will make you rip your eyes out. So much good looking, and yet surprisingly dead water. Lol change your focus to coarse fish and you won't be disappointed if you peg some smallies while goimg for monster drum lol. Your location is probably a different story....

You need a boat to look around. lol

Cleaned up in past at Rouge R., Duffins Creek areas.

Shore casting sucks for everything except carp.

Lol... Its a great lake. It's got a whole lot of productive shore fishing. Ignore those that got skunked there before and blame the location. Make no mistake, its a fish factory with bigger smallies than anywhere else has to offer.

Let's wait for the thread in a few years about how Lake O has been crap because there are a million guys out there fishing for bass/pike, lol. Some guys just never learn I guess.

Lake Ontario fished out of bass and pike? lol. Give your head a shake!

A decade ago posts on bass/pike in Lake O maybe brought maybe a half dozen extra people to islands with there spincast outfits throwing bobbers with worms, or Red Devils.

No need to alarm without knowledge.

Lake Ontario fished out of bass and pike? lol. Give your head a shake!

A decade ago posts on bass/pike in Lake O maybe brought maybe a half dozen extra people to islands with there spincast outfits throwing bobbers with worms, or Red Devils.

No need to alarm without knowledge.

Hey,it's not my home waters, I really don't care :) Enjoy it while it lasts. Don't be surprised to see the tournament trail end up there.

Edited by BillM