And the cancer dance continues

bigugli

We are saying our prayers. Like I always say even though I'm not religious I am somewhat spiritual and prayers are good. My very dear friend and boating buddy that I spoke of earlier, Kevin Henderson, lost his battle with this God awful disease yesterday. He fought to the end, I know that because he was still strong enough to argue with me just last Sunday about who knows what and hung up on me. It would have been the last time I would talk to him. I really don't feel bad about that because that was are relationship, I say black he says no way white. I'll miss those tiffs we always had.

• 3 weeks later...

On another note, in the chair beside my wife was a fellow angler I had not heard from in months. I was really taken aback.

Sadly, I heard this evening that he did not make it. Over the course of Judy's treatments. Mazz's sessions often overlapped. We got to talk a fair bit about fishing. It was a welcome distraction for both of us, I guess. His wife and Judy would talk about other things . Stopped hearing from Barry before the summer, and kind of guessed the rest.

Mazz was an avid angler, and a good man to talk with. I know he will be missed by many.

Despite the forementioned news, we have some good news, and some not so good news. After all the testing, Judy is, touch wood, cancer free. That is one sigh of relief. On another note, one kidney has shrunk. Possibly related to the kidney problems she experienced during chemo. lastly, Judy is not a candidate for reconstructive surgery, and that really has the Mrs upset.