Crappie fishing spots anyone?

mirogak

Since my season opener plans got washed away for this weekend, I'd like to hit some spots for pan fish. I have never caught crappies and I hear they taste great in a pan. Between Scugog and Rice, what would you recommend?

Thanks

Between them, well there's a pond in Garden Hill but I don't think there's any crappie in it.

:) .. Scugog for sure... just stay50 or so yards away from the crowds, let them push the fish off towards you.

Edited by Harrison

I always did well on Rice. But I never fished the bog. Crappies were always in very shallow reeds this time of year, and Rice's entire shoreline looks like that.

Oops, edit. I didnt take into account the recent flooding. I'd definitely want to be upstream of that. Lol

Edited by Rich

Well, first of all if you expect anyone to post on an open board where there is good fishing of any kind then go have another drink and forget about it! Even if they did tell you where to go, by the time you get there there will be so many people you won't be able to fish anyway!

Saddly that is the reality since this site became so popular. Think about it, there has been 178 views of this post already, How many of those people do you think are looking for a good spot to go fish crappies, how many of them do you think will be telling their buddies "I just heard the crappie are biting good at".

There are lots of places to fish crappie, If you were to PM a few of the guys in the know, you might get a little more help but that will be dependent on what you have done to help others.

Yes got a boat. Was really looking for which of the two lakes might have better odds. Thx gang. Didn't think panfish spots were also such guarded secrets lol.

both good lakes for pannys got a boat try mcgregor bay or flats off bewdly on rice, for the bog just look for all the boats lol