Fish-Hawk

Out4Trout

Might wanna go back and read the "rules of engagement", that allowed you to sign on, before you get toooooo happy !

Finally found the rules, and it states;

"We would prefer that you do not post pictures of fish caught out of season"

I'll try my best ;) and thanks for the heads up IrishField.

Give them a chance. We had a bit of a problem in '06 and if I remember correctly, we were down for almost two days with full power (everyone helping) working on the problem. It'll get done.

I wouldn't take the rules too seriously... seems they are quite liberal in their application..

different strokes for different folks all depends on who you are it seems...

No sound foundation, and freely interpreted given a single persons mood....from mod to mod...

They would prefer if you dont post OOS fish.... So tell them you caught them in NY or Arkansas.. their is always a work around... as there is with their spam rules etc etc etc...

I am a long time member... and this board has become deplorable as of late, good luck to the new generation of OFC'rs... you're going to need it! the way it is being ran... some mods are NEVER heard from.. I can think of 3... 1 Mod has had enough and is staying away, One is from the southern states and does his best..

and 1 mod that has decided it is his dictatorship..

I call Bull when I see it. and this is Bull.

Timje for the Mods to figure this crap out as you are losing you membership... It's a free for all open to a mods interpretation...

G

Edited by Gerritt

Not bitten you at all Art..infact I acknowledged you were one of the few making a difference here...from 1000 miles away?

It turned public in another thread... and I have no way to talk to you guys as a collective... people are talking more then you may be aware..

perhaps it is time for the team to come together and hammer this out... as it stands right now, it is becoming VERY divisive....

Seems no one is on the same page.

G

Rob is back from vacation as of last night. He will be looking into it shiorthly. As per FB.

I don't mean to be negative, but a full team on a well supervised and structured forum (TackleTour) is still sorting out the bugs.

It's been almost 3 weeks and it's still not back today.

If Rob can pull this off by himself, hats off to him!

I wouldn't take the rules too seriously... seems they are quite liberal in their application..

different strokes for different folks all depends on who you are it seems...

No sound foundation, and freely interpreted given a single persons mood....from mod to mod...

They would prefer if you dont post OOS fish.... So tell them you caught them in NY or Arkansas.. their is always a work around... as there is with their spam rules etc etc etc...

I am a long time member... and this board has become deplorable as of late, good luck to the new generation of OFC'rs... you're going to need it! the way it is being ran... some mods are NEVER heard from.. I can think of 3... 1 Mod has had enough and is staying away, One is from the southern states and does his best..

and 1 mod that has decided it is his dictatorship..

I call Bull when I see it. and this is Bull.

Timje for the Mods to figure this crap out as you are losing you membership... It's a free for all open to a mods interpretation...

G

Ya know Gerritt. We're just humans, trying to do the best job we can, geez its just a message board bud. I'm sorry if each and everyone of us doesn't continue to reach your lofty expectations, but that's just the way it is.. Im sorry your done with us, you've been a valued member who has benefited in many ways from this forum. I'm sorry you think its gotten so bad that you have to leave but that's (as its every members decision) entirely up to you. Ya know you asked if you could "borrow" our rules for your own message board and we said sure. I hope they work better for you than they do for us.

I wish you all the luck in the world bud and I'm sorry to see you go. Never to post here again I guess.

As for Fish Hawk, I hope they get up and running quick as possible. I know what its like to get hacked, and it aint no fun.

Good luck Gerritt, no hard feelings dude.

Ya know Gerritt. We're just humans, trying to do the best job we can, geez its just a message board bud. I'm sorry if each and everyone of us doesn't continue to reach your lofty expectations, but that's just the way it is.. Im sorry your done with us, you've been a valued member who has benefited in many ways from this forum. I'm sorry you think its gotten so bad that you have to leave but that's (as its every members decision) entirely up to you. Ya know you asked if you could "borrow" our rules for your own message board and we said sure. I hope they work better for you than they do for us.

I wish you all the luck in the world bud and I'm sorry to see you go. Never to post here again I guess.

As for Fish Hawk, I hope they get up and running quick as possible. I know what its like to get hacked, and it aint no fun.

Fish-Hawk did NOT get Hacked, the issue stands with phpbb, clarification was needed ;)

You obviously dont have the whole truth Teej.... I used the rules as a framework... which I told you I would modify heavily... why is it you all seem to forget that part?

but yes... read the PM's and please ban me... as a friend I ask that of you.

anyone with half a brain could be making money off of OFC's back in a second....

I am sorry but am I done pissing in the wind...Grrrrr (edited myself). :)

G

Edited by Gerritt

"Please be advised that a major disaster has happened with the Fish-Hawk site!

As you all may have noticed, Fish-Hawk.Net has been down for quite some time now. I have been away on vacation since April 11, and was unaware of the problems until I returned on April 27th. Since then I have been exploring the issue, and working with my service provider to try and have it resolved.

After a week of conversing with them, we have discovered that the Fish-Hawk database, which basically is the heart of the site, has simply "disappeard". Powweb (Service Provider), has informed me that they do NOT have my database on any of their servers, nor do they have any backups of the database. Their retention period for backed up data is only 3 days, upon which the old data is removed and they have no means to retrieve it. Since I was away for longer than 3 days, I was not able to catch this in time. They have also checked their logs to find out what happened, however only have a short period of retention for those as well. As you can imagine, I'm incredibly disappointed in these retention periods and their methods upon removing old backups when new backups were not successful. 3 days isn't even enough time to soak something new, and I have expressed this to them with no avail at this point in time.

At this point, I will need to take a step back and explore my options for the continuation of the Fish-Hawk entity, in order to determine the best method upon which to proceed. I will be further exploring my own local test sites, to see if I have some version of the database I can restore, from either the migration to the new platform when we changed the look of the site, or the upgrade to phpBB3 I did about a year ago.

To all users of the site: I do apologize for this inconvenience, particularly at this time of year when we're all looking forward to getting back into the swing of things, and ask for your continued patience while I figure this mess out.

To all Advertisers and Supporters of the site: Please do not process any advertising payments to Fish-Hawk for 2013 until further notice. For those of you who have paid already, I do thank you, however may be returning your payments to you, depending on how I resolve this issue, and your feeling of being able to successfully fulfill my obligations to you.

Once again, please accept my deepest apologies, and hopefully I'll be able to do something to get this site back up and running, so you can all get your fix of Fishing Talk once again."

Apologies to the admin at OFC if this ruffles any feathers...

Rob has posted an explanation as to where things are at with the site. Coles notes version is the provider lost the database of 12 years of content. Can you imagine. Rob is weighing his options at this point as to what course to take moving forward.

His message is here...

http://www.fish-hawk.net/

RJ