Holy High Water levels

Big Cliff

Its going to get even worse in Bancroft. For those that don't know the Elephant and Baptiste are a flooded section of the York river held back by a dam. The York flows through Bancroft. Today they released a statement saying they are being forced to remove another log from the dam. This is said that it will raise the York another 2-6 inches or something like that making things even worse. The reason is there are fears that the dam might break so they are trying to relieve some pressure. If the dam breaks there are fear that Bancroft (essentially a bowl) will be under water within an hour as much of Elephant and Baptiste will drain into the town. At least this is what I heard. Crossing my fingers for those in Bancroft.

Edited by jedimaster

Here is a shot that is very telling. You can see the bank of the York river where the pole is. Normally there is a fairly big drop down the bank, 4-5 feet if I recall to where the water level normally sits there.

558068_645526162139937_1720940045_n1_zps[/url]

Edited by jedimaster

Here is a shot that is very telling. You can see the bank of the York river where the pole is. Normally there is a fairly big drop down the bank, 4-5 feet if I recall to where the water level normally sits there.

558068_645526162139937_1720940045_n1_zps[/url]

aaah, but the Liquor Store is still open, so not everything is lost!!! :)

I was at my folks place yesterday and The Burnt River might as well be a lake right now. The 7' tall or so out houses are under water right up to the top of roof peak now. those are far from the rivers edge too.

Sommerville_Park_under_water.jpg

I was at my folks place yesterday and The Burnt River might as well be a lake right now. The 7' tall or so out houses are under water right up to the top of roof peak now. those are far from the rivers edge too.

Sommerville_Park_under_water.jpg

Gives a whole new meaning to the term "floater".

HH

Edited by Headhunter

It did go up more yesterday, perhaps another 3-4". Got my board walk fixed with my son, my neighbour, and I working on it. All sorts of stuff floating around out there yesterday from huge logs to small islands.

Hi Cliff, has the water level on Sturgeon changed since the weekend?