Customer Service Experience

mattybculp

So I will make this short. Im a big Fan of shimano crucials, stradics, and curados in particular. I broke the tip off my 2 year old crucial, being an idiot and reeling down a snag on a stump and the trying you pop it off. I even lost the broken tip. I live in Peterborough which is convenient, but I drove it down to the Shimano Warehouse here in town they asked we for my name and address and where I had bought it, thats it, no receipt request or warranty paperwork found around the cork or foam required. I was literally in there for maybe 5 mins. Less than 2 weeks later, a brand new crucial arrives in the mail, asking only for a signature ( no shipping or tax charges . Now granted it had foam butt instead of cork which the broken one was and which I prefer, but I can learn to deal. In a world of bad experiences when it comes to "limited" warranties I have had a couple really good ones with shimano, and thus why I would continue to buy their product and dont mind paying $150 + bucks for items when they stand behind them.

Can't beat customer service like that. I had a similar experience with St.Croix after I snapped my Avid about 6inches above the handle on a big pike. $20US for shipping and I had a brand new 1pc rod in my hands in about 2 weeks.

I've had very pleasant dealings with the folks there, they sent me an unsigned rebate cheque the bank wouldn't cash...so they sent me a new cheque with a ball cap too, great to deal with

but most importantly, did you happen to notice that beautiful gray expoxy floor? that would be my handy work lol

Customer service is a big component of a successful company, especially in todays competitive market. Good to see and hear that alot of companies have jumped ship.

Buying a rod that comes with lifetime warranty is well worth the investment especially in the long term. I bought a 50$ Compre in a sale bin and broke 2 already and had them replaced with no issues.

I've had very pleasant dealings with the folks there, they sent me an unsigned rebate cheque the bank wouldn't cash...so they sent me a new cheque with a ball cap too, great to deal with

but most importantly, did you happen to notice that beautiful gray expoxy floor? that would be my handy work lol

Hey, I installed the new warranty entrance door.

th_5c7592a9-a1f0-4bcd-a0b0-c24638303c2c.

th_6c019b58-cad7-47e4-9427-bb7384133f39.

Edited by Ron