RIP Annette Funicello

misfish

Worked in theater in herbhay daysnand had to watch her movies for three day straight. Nota bad looking girl at the time. It goes to show how life can be cruel and take anyone down.

This week a lot have gone and one in my family. RIP all.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/08/showbiz/annette-funicello-obit/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

She was in bad shape from MS for a lot of years, Oh No!

Sadly, one can linger for decades with MS. Do good for months in remission, and then get slammed down hard again. Been watching friends of ours struggle through it for 15 and 30 years

Edited by bigugli

Sadly, one can linger for decades with MS. Do good for months in remission, and then get slammed down hard again. Been watching friends of ours struggle through it for 15 and 30 years

I am aware, I have it myself, but primary progressive, a constant progression. I believe like 85% or so are diagnosed with relapsing remitting, LOL I had to be one of the lucky ones!

Needless to say retirement isn't going the way I had planned? Oh well, stuff happens, I guess it was my turn! LOL

Edited by OhioFisherman

I am aware, I have it myself, but primary progressive, a constant progression. I believe like 85% or so are diagnosed with relapsing remitting, LOL I had to be one of the lucky ones!

Needless to say retirement isn't going the way I had planned? Oh well, stuff happens, I guess it was my turn! LOL

I remember you had mentioned your condition, just not how long you had been dealing with it. You have my whole hearted sympathy. Amazing how our visions of retirement can be drastically altered by circumstance :wallbash:

I remember you had mentioned your condition, just not how long you had been dealing with it. You have my whole hearted sympathy. Amazing how our visions of retirement can be drastically altered by circumstance :wallbash:

Well thanks, but really no sympathy required, it's been for the most part a fun life. 10 years for me now, it hit the year I had planned on retiring, but I did get that out of the way! The younger people that get it and are faced with dealing with trying to earn a living and keeping a roof over their heads and food on the table could use it more?