Very little ice fishing for me this winter.. :( Follow up to Lew's reno

Gerritt

I have been too busy with renovating the new house!

When I took possession of this house there were some hidden items that needed attention... the largest one being that the walls were painted with oil based paint, however they did not prime the walls before hand :( so needless to say I had to scrape paint off every wall in the house! It came off in sheets....

UGH!

Next came skim coating the entire house and filling the 10000000 nail and screw holes throughout.

Old popcorn ceiling was scraped off and a new textured ceiling installed (knockdown)

IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0003.jpg

All the walls were primed and have their first coat of paint.

Removed all the old (poorly painted) mahogany doors and trim... These are the new 6 panels installed.

IMAG0022-1.jpg

Why stop there? Ripped up the wall to wall shag carpet and installed a pet friendly hardwood (low sheen, hard finish) 3/4" white oak, Light for the main house (open concept) to hide some of the dog hair.... and dark in the bedrooms :)

IMAG0001.jpg

IMAG0016-1.jpg

IMAG0015-1.jpg

I think this is a nice detail at the front entrance tying everything together

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

Installed tile at the rear patio door..

IMAG0013-1.jpg

Here is where I am to date... Waiting on 3 custom sized doors, and then installation of baseboard...

Its been a trying couple of months in my household... doing this on days off etc.. My basement is filled with all our belongings that would otherwise have been in the way..

one coat of paint to go!

I am pleased with the results.

The view from here...

IMAG0025-1.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics... they were taken with my cell phone.

G

Edited by Gerritt

Looks great ! I finished my current home a couple years ago,doing similar work as yourself.This is my third complete home reno now and believe it or not you do itch to do another after a while.

Not a chance for me! I did a complete, and I mean complete house reno.... right down to the studs - replaced insulation, drywall, kitchen, floors, interior doors, exterior doors, trim, garage, furnace, ac, you name it 3000 sq. feet of it.... and I'm NEVER ever doing it again. I've spent the last 5 years doing it on weekends and when I manage to save a bit of money for the next "phase". Now I'm selling the joint and paying a contractor to build us a new house from scratch. After that I'm spending my weekends and evenings with my kids on the lake!!!!! The launch is 850 meters from my future door step and I can't wait!

Congrats on the awesome job though Gerritt - it looks great and is certainly something to be proud of!