Anyone here boiling sap?

Sinker

My mother makes the best Finnish pancakes and she has yet to share my Gram's recipe with me.

How bad a son could you possibly have been for your own mother not to share a pancake recipe with you? :D

Yep.. its looking ggod, tapped 37 more tonight and another 20 to go.. lol.. i think i doubled what i set out to do.. its addictive.. looks like were gonna be boiling easter weekend for sure!

I wish you guys would STOP. Waaaay back in 1953 or 54 I got to stay with grama and grandpa on their farm for a month in the early spring because the doctor thought I might be allergic to my sister.I know he was right but no one else did :sarcasm: .The smell of wood smoke and boiling sap on grandma's FULLY chromed wood stove has left me permently scarred. I can remember it vividely granpa saying Violet let the boy alone I am cold as I was feeding more wood into the firebox.Her response was Everton go get buckets of water for surely he will set the house on fire..The water was buckets of sap and I dont remember the whole process but after almost 60 years the smell and aroma is still there. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

vance

Thats enough work for the week.. its sugar time.. think ill tap 20 more then call it quits... got two of the vats left to clean and were ready to rock!!

How many is that tapped now TJ?

Your gonna be busy next week! How much storage space you have? I'm worried I won't have enough! I've been grabbing every. Water jug or bucket I can find! I just have the one 55gal barrel!

S.

I gotta count them but its between 175 and 200... i dont have much space - but ive got a ton of water jugs and a trip to crappy tire for big rubbermaids will solve any storage issues.