MNR playing tricks on Simcoe today!

NAW

Buddy at work had them stop at his hut. Huge chocolate lab. Those dogs are trained smart. I can remember when they brought one to the hunt club. They stashed a bag of fish in the engine. Man I thought that dog was going to rip the front end apart.

That was them! As for the CO that stopped us, he was an older gentleman. Very polite, and friendly.

So I guess the word "trick" may not be the best word to describe this. I see it as a "trick". Just like a clever speed trap, or the motorcycle cops who hide in the bushes with a radar in hand. It's "sneaky". Sure, they are just doing their jobs, and catching people who are breaking the law.. I get that. I am part of a volunteer OPP K9 Unit, and work with enforcement on a regular basis. And I know these guys where having fun setting up this little trap. They likely did it 20 times that day. And I bet you they handed out a few tickets too!

Pretty sure that was the ambush officer..If you will! :tease:

He didn't have the tints on though. Hard to be sure without seeing his eyes. He never took his helmet off. Same size, and shape.

I'm pretty sure that's the guy that came by the house when my dad saw a moose with a broken ankle. Told my oldman if he was still in the field the next morning to shoot it and he'd come down and bring him a tag.

Comon they know whats going on out there.

I had a good chat with one not last weekend but the weekend before no problems and this past weekend they drove up to me saw me and drove away.

They also sent more than a few packing up and headed for shore :clapping:

I think its great to see them finaly.

Catching you in the act of what exactly? just because you are leaving in no way should give them the assumption you are doing something illegal.

Leaving as soon as the CO's show up? That seems a bit odd no?

Catching you in the act of what exactly? just because you are leaving in no way should give them the assumption you are doing something illegal.

Seems the same as someone driving and seeing a RIDE spot check down the road, THEN making a quick detour down a side street to avoid them. Chances are, they're waiting down that street as well.

Seems the same as someone driving and seeing a RIDE spot check down the road, THEN making a quick detour down a side street to avoid them. Chances are, they're waiting down that street as well.

I turn away from those all the time, and never get pulled over. I don't want them wasting my time. However doing that in no way shows an admission to guilt, and shouldn't give them extra incentive to search you.

I turn away from those all the time, and never get pulled over. I don't want them wasting my time. However doing that in no way shows an admission to guilt, and shouldn't give them extra incentive to search you.

You don't have 15 seconds to tell the officer you haven't had anything to drink?

There's no assumption or admission of guilt at all, they're simply doing their jobs...if you are fishing legally then you have nothing to worry about...the act of leaving when the CO's show up is suspsicion

I'm lucky enough to fish ON, BC, AB and SK(only once a winter) throughout the year....CO's are underfunded across the board IMO and resources are stretched far, they have tough jobs, it's always great to see them out in the woods/water

and I turn to avoid roadchecks sometimes, I've had them race after me twice..."why did you turn"..."didn't want to sit and wait for 20mins while you checked the 50 cars ahead of me"...ID, insurance, flashlight in the eyes and on my way...but I don't blame them for pulling me over, they're doing a job

There's no assumption or admission of guilt at all, they're simply doing their jobs...if you are fishing legally then you have nothing to worry about...the act of leaving when the CO's show up is suspsicion

I'm lucky enough to fish ON, BC, AB and SK(only once a winter) throughout the year....CO's are underfunded across the board IMO and resources are stretched far, they have tough jobs, it's always great to see them out in the woods/water

and I turn to avoid roadchecks sometimes, I've had them race after me twice..."why did you turn"..."didn't want to sit and wait for 20mins while you checked the 50 cars ahead of me"...ID, insurance, flashlight in the eyes and on my way...but I don't blame them for pulling me over, they're doing a job

I don't mind talking to CO's or Officers if I'm not in a rush or they come and talk to me directly and quickly. Most of the time I don't like being bothered,nor do I feel like sitting around waiting if there is a lineup ahead of me.

2 COs roll in to a big crowd and have a third CO hang way back. See who packs up first and leaves the area to avoid a spot check. That's playing a trick in my mind. If not, then what else would you call it?

That's not a trick, that's smart enforcement! Glad to hear they where out!

Right, but it can just be a waste of time, if you happen to leave while they are checking and they automatically give you a more thorough search/questioning.

Maybe sir,but what are the odds of that happening on a daily/weekend?,happening more than once.I can see your timing ,but look at there perspective from the CO's view Just saying.

Right, but it can just be a waste of time, if you happen to leave while they are checking and they automatically give you a more thorough search/questioning.

Stop and talk to them some time... you may just find out the current hot spot from them! Nothing to hide.. nothing to lose.. we even share our water and pop with them on Temagami to keep a good rapport going. Then a few days later, when they go by again and see the same collection of portables they just wave and motor on by.. unless of course they want to see the next monster we've caught. Year after year they stop to ask what we have saved on our cameras.

You would be correct Wayne. I first met Rick while we were at (then it was Harper tire) We talked for over a half hour about almost everything fishing and hunting. Met a few times on the water since,and even called for advise. It,s nice to know theres good guys out there.

I have many of their cell phone numbers Brian.. they even answer at home when off duty. Sure skips the 1-800-tips crap. Call direct and get it done. They all carry business cards BTW.. just ask for one when they are searching through your stuff !!