20+lb Simcoe Lakers...

Slayingm

Anyone living in South Central Ontario is blessed to have the World-Class Fishery lake Simcoe offers us right here in our backyards! I have been fortunate to have fished the lake for 30 years and certainly taken my share of trophies of various species including these 20+ Lakers in both the hardwater and softwater seasons! Its one awesome lake for sure and I for one just love it!

I have yet to break the 25lb mark on Simcoe but know there are a number there and bigger so this angler remains a optimist. ;)

MonsterlakerMay_zps6edbb946.jpg

MonsterlakerE_zpsc1c5fc05.jpg

Good luck to all and always remember safety first! Good Fish'n... G.

Christopher k: I have caught a number of big Walleye in Simcoe and as big as 17+lbs and on a Laker spot!!!.. not many there but some monsters for sure.

irishfield: yes, hearing the same but still believe the lake is in great shape.... still crazy amount of fish out there and every year seeing so many more naturals then the previous.

I cant understand how simcoe isnt overflowing with pickerel...

I always wondered that as well. With all the great reports of eyes in the Talbot in the spring,you would think there would be more reports of them being caught. Oh wait,why would anyone report? Ha,there ya go.

Nice lakers Greg.

The reports of whities ,and now lakers on the bottom dosent sit well. Simcoe maybe becoming a C@R for health reasons.