Fishing this past weekend. may 5-6

nautifish

Well what a beauty weekend we have had as far as the weather. I just wish those d**n NE winds would bugga off and it would have been perrrrrrfic!

Headed out saterday morning caught this beauty perch

IMG_3542.jpg

also a big catfish. Bumped into a fishing buddy of mine who said he had been talking to one of the members here perch. One of my local spots i usually fish but never on a weekend to many d**n people.

Headed back in around 10.00am then headed over to my uncles place to do some more work on the boat. Found some rotton spots on the floor so i decided to take out the whole floor and redo it all every little inch. So thats been really time consuming as well as reboarding all the bottoms and backs of all the seats on the boat. I never do anything in halfs i start a job i do it thorougly and properly.

All the seat boxes were removed and are rebuilding new ones.

So anyway sunday morning was up at 5.00am had planned on 4.00am but i was just totally knackered so stayed in bed for an extra hr..... Headed out to the lake that bloody NE wind was awefull........Their was quite the swell on the lake so we decided to head back in and fish the channel i caught a few nice sized perch and a huge catfish.....The wind was pretty brutal so we decided to head in further and do some more fishing.

Caught this little catfish.

babycatfish.jpg

Smallest i have ever caught before, caught two that size. Also caught this drum which got me all tangled up on a log......lol......You will see a short clip on the short video i shot yesterday.

drum.jpg

We ended up with a good pale of catfish which we decided to keep and take home to clean & eat. Was going to smoke them but changed my mind decided to season them up after i cleaned them and fry them up......You will see the mess of cats we had also on the short video clip to come.

catfishfillets.jpg

cookedcatfish.jpg

Tasted real good too. Have never really kept cats before but everyone has been telling me i should try them as they are good eating and that they certainly were.

Here is a picture of one of the ole tugs i took also yesterday.

oletug.jpg

The rest of the pictures i took friday evening down on the pier. It was a beautiful evening so decided to take a walk down and get some shots of the sunset over the lake.

portdoversunset.jpg

sepia.jpg

sunset-1.jpg

fishingportdoversunset.jpg

So a very busy crazy weekend but managed to get some fishing in too, so it was all good.

Here is the very short video clip.

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j207/Amo...ent=catfish.flv

Nauti ;)

Edited by nautifish

Thanx lunker & matty, ;)

Lrgmouth i found them very easy to clean, I was surprised at how easy actually. ;)

I was going to video my cleaning of the fish but me blooming batteries died in my cam :o:oops: